3-Point Hitch Rear Remotes

/ Rear Remotes #1  

tkappeler

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T293
What implements for 3PH use rear remotes? I can think of a log splitter but not much else. But then again, I am a newbie and still opening my eyes to the possibilities. :D If a new tractor has this standard, how much of a "benefit" is it?

Thanks

/ Rear Remotes
Grapple ... GRAPPLE!!! Route lines for the grapple from the rear remotes to the front? I see. :thumbsup:

/ Rear Remotes #4  
many rear attachments use the remotes. A scraper blade is a good example, they are available as manual angle (which is most common) but also come as hydraulic angle/ tilt/ offset etc. Would be quite handy. There are also things like disc harrows and plows that will raise hydraulically. One of the most useful I think would be a hydraulic top link. Then you can adjust the length of the top link from the seat- If I ever get the funds and motivation to add a couple valves that will be the first item I will get for it.

/ Rear Remotes #5  
My 2 rear remotes actually go to the 3 point, the Top 'n Tilt, which I feel are some of the most useful attachments I have. Plowing, disking, grading the driveway, hauling bales, ditching, brush hogging - I can't think of any 3 point implement I use that hasn't benefitted from both the Top 'n Tilt although if I had only 1 choice, it would be for the hydraulic top link. Now I wish I had more remotes because when I use my pull type disk, I need to disconnect one of my 3 point cylinders and use that for the wheels on the disk.

/ Rear Remotes #6  
We got three rear remotes on our last tractor with Top and Tilt and I will be getting a box scraper at some point with hydraulic operated scarifers. As mentioned, if you don't get TnT, you can get a blade with hydraulics to change angles etc. If money is limited, I have found the hydraulic top-link to be one of the handiest additions to our tractor.

/ Rear Remotes #7  
A lot of the implements mentioned are for tractors 40hp and up, not so much for the smaller tractors. I would say the THE most common and useful hydraulic actuated thing would be a hydraulic top link for the 3pt hitch. Extremely useful with just about any implement. As people become more educated and older,;) they realize that hydraulic actuated implements are the way to go. It just makes everything a lot easier and many operations much better. If you can afford them get as many remotes as you can, you will find that you can almost never have enough.

Just my :2cents:

/ Rear Remotes #8  
TNT (Top aNd Tilt) is a big one for many.

there are variety of bush hogs (rotatory cutters). that have hyd adjustable wheels. so you can raise deck up for travel, and then put it back down for mowing. the old "new idea" manufacture, 5' bush hog i have. just has a turn buckle link to adjust height. but i could easily put a cylinder on it. and i may still do that.

PHD (post hole diggers) you can get a "down force kit" which is a cylinder that pushes the PHD down into the dirt. for digging holes in hard nasty dirt.

snow plowers can come with hyd cylinder to adjust which way the snow chut blows snow.

it really is not specific to size of tractor. ya you end up seeing more hydraulic setups on bigger 3pt hitch equipment. due equipment becomes heavier than what 3pt hitch can reasonably lift and be safe for road travel. hence larger tractor sizes that normally takes for these larger equipment.

there is a good amount of folks, that have hydraulic sacaraficers/teeth for there box blades.
other folks have hydraulic "gauge wheels" for box blades, rakes, blades, to other.

you can see a good amount of electrical 12v actuators on ATV and stuff that built to be pulled behind a pickup truck. were there is a wire that runs up into seat of pickup truck or onto ATV. so equipment can be lifted up and out of the dirt. many times these setups get transferred over to 3pt hitch equipment. and instead of 12v actuator, a hydraulic cylinder is used.

i have a old gear dump trailer. that is setup for hydrualic rear remotes for a tractor. so it can be used as a dump trailer.

==============
personally figure 2 rear ports are the min. and should be the basic setup. at least to me. from TNT to other, 2 rear ports should cover pretty much everything. if you do end up with something that needs 3 hyd ports. then *woops* but for smaller tractors. 2 rear ports. to me is min.

/ Rear Remotes
Hydraulic dump trailer for the girlfriend. She is the landscaper/gardener. I can see adapting one for hydraulic use.

Great ideas everyone!

/ Rear Remotes #10  
What implements for 3PH use rear remotes? I can think of a log splitter but not much else. But then again, I am a newbie and still opening my eyes to the possibilities. :D If a new tractor has this standard, how much of a "benefit" is it?

Thanks

Rear remotes: I use my triple remotes for my grain drill and my 8-ft wheel disc.