Branson 6640C

/ Branson 6640C #1  

travlitt

Platinum Member
Tractor
8050C Branson, Branson 2400, 8N Ford, Round Fender John Deere 110, 3 60" ZTR mowers, a bunch of ride on mowers, 8' Brush hog , 15' Bat wing
I am new to posting a thread. I was wondering if anyone has a Branson tractor, if so, how do you like it. I have a 6640C and so for I think it is a great tractor.
I would post a picture if I new how. Thanks for any info on the Branson tractors.

/ Branson 6640C #2  
Hello travlitt, I am new as of today. Are you still liking your 6640C? We just purchased a 80 acre ranch and I have been researching tractors. This will be my first tractor as well as land and I am now confused on what tractor to purchase. I haven't been able to see the 6640 yet, but it is on my list. I am considering Case I-H 75C, JD, LS tractor, Kubota and Branson. The property has 3 separate fenced light pasture. I will be putting some cattle on it soon and horses in the future. All the dealers keep telling me I need at least 75HP, but I have been considering the 60+ range ie Kubota L5740 and JD 4720. But it looks like the 6640C offers alot for the price. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

/ Branson 6640C #3  
You may want to check the fuel consumption on the bransons. The one comparable to my 4240 sucks twice the fuel at pto speed. That would add up at 1000 hours.

/ Branson 6640C
Hello jjswag and welcome to the forum.
My 6640c is my pride and joy. It is very well built and does a super job mowing and moving round hay bales.
The air and heat is excellent and the cab is tight and quite. Look at the frame of the tractor..you will be impressed.
This is my 3rd. Branson tractor.
Have a great day.

/ Branson 6640C #5  
What size mower do you have? And what size bales do you move? Do you bale your own hay?

/ Branson 6640C
I have a a 8ft 3point with 2 90hp gear boxes. Weights about 1100 lbs. Also a 12ft batwing. No I don't bale any hay. I do buy and sell hay. Some bales weigh 1200lbs. The average weighs about 1000lbs. I sure enjoy my 6640c. I am trying to teach my wife how to operate it. I keep my tractor inside my shop when its not in use. My shop has 2100 sq. feet in it,14ft side walls and is fully insulated.
Take care

/ Branson 6640C #7  
I have a a 8ft 3point with 2 90hp gear boxes. Weights about 1100 lbs. Also a 12ft batwing. No I don't bale any hay. I do buy and sell hay. Some bales weigh 1200lbs. The average weighs about 1000lbs. I sure enjoy my 6640c. I am trying to teach my wife how to operate it. I keep my tractor inside my shop when its not in use. My shop has 2100 sq. feet in it,14ft side walls and is fully insulated.
Take care
What are the brands of your 8' and 12' cutters? Is the 12' batwing a rhino TS12? Also did you add any weights to the front or back, or fill up your rear tires? Thanks for all the information.

/ Branson 6640C
The 8ft is a kodiak. I sold the BW. No weight front or rear, Ag tires. not loaded, but will probably load the rears.
I have a ballast home made rear weight I use when needed. What all equipment do you have with yours? I have a 27 ft equipment trailer (16K ) to transport it with.
Take care
Trav.

/ Branson 6640C #9  
The 8ft is a kodiak. I sold the BW. No weight front or rear, Ag tires. not loaded, but will probably load the rears.
I have a ballast home made rear weight I use when needed. What all equipment do you have with yours? I have a 27 ft equipment trailer (16K ) to transport it with.
Take care
Trav.
I dont have any equipment yet, but will be purchasing in march. I'm still looking at JD, Kubota, Case-IH, Mahindra, but the specs on this Branson 6640c are very enticing and I have a good New Holland dealer that is a full service dealer for them. The first qoute over the phone was 36,000+ with loader. I'm hoping they will come down on price. I havn't seen it yet but I plan to test drive soon. Did it pull the 15' batwing ok or did it have trouble pulling it?
Thanks!

/ Branson 6640C #10  
I have Branson 3510i which i bought new about 5 years ago. No issues and sips fuel. I bought becsuse was heavier than comparable HP other brands.