Aftermarket Tachometer?

/ Aftermarket Tachometer? #1  

MoreCowbell

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2350
I really like my Kubota BX2350. However, I really do not like the digital tachometer. I would love to have an analog tach.

Has anyone outfitted their diesel tractor with an aftermarket analog tachometer? Unlike a tachometer in a car it would exposed to the elements and would need to be waterproof. Maybe a marine model would be appropriate?

/ Aftermarket Tachometer? #2  
I was hoping someone would answer your post, I would like to put a tach on my dozer.

/ Aftermarket Tachometer? #3  
Yes, a marine tachometer would be appropriate. They are adjustable to the number of pulses per revolution as well. I don't know where you would mount it, without tearing out your dash and going custom. You would wire it up to the AC tap on the alternator.

/ Aftermarket Tachometer?
   / Aftermarket Tachometer? #6  
After the first time getting caught in the rain, my sunpro mini oil gauge went out. It's mounted on my Nissan fork truck, under a canopy. The fork truck is always parked indoors.

1118090809.jpg

/ Aftermarket Tachometer?
That's what I'm afraid of. I've been researching marine gauges and found that VDO and Teleflex have product lines that include 4,000 RPM alternator driven tachometers w/o hour meter which is perfect for my Kubota BX (WOT about 3,200 RPM).