Dearborn 10-156 Plow

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #1  

Wesley B

Tractor
Ford 641 Workmaster
I am needing to try to find parts for a Dearborn model 10-156 plow. I hit a huge rock and bent both of the uprights that the top link connects to. Anybody know of a parts dealer or someone who may have these for sale?

Attachments

• 080412083625.jpg
    080412083625.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 753
   / Dearborn 10-156 Plow #2  
Welcome to the forum. Wow that sure did some damage. You might be able to straighten them out or make new ones. Hopefully someone chimes in on where to get replacement parts.

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow
Thanks, hopefully I can be of some help to someone, not just receive help. I'm looking at making new ones, but it would be faster to buy them. I'm needing the plow, food plots and turning my garden for the fall. They are way beyond being straightened.

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #4  
Thanks, hopefully I can be of some help to someone, not just receive help. I'm looking at making new ones, but it would be faster to buy them. I'm needing the plow, food plots and turning my garden for the fall. They are way beyond being straightened.

You can try bringing the bent pieces up to a local shop and seeing if they can cut you new ones or straighten them out in a press.

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #5  
I would have new uprights made, it would be cheaper and easier. If you straighten them the will bend easily again. Have you thought about a new plow or did you want to keep the period correct plow?

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #6  
I would have new uprights made, it would be cheaper and easier. If you straighten them the will bend easily again. Have you thought about a new plow or did you want to keep the period correct plow?

I do not think you could find a new plow that would be built anywhere near the quality of the old plows. Them Dearborn plows also do a great job and pull nice.

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #7  
I am needing to try to find parts for a Dearborn model 10-156 plow. I hit a huge rock and bent both of the uprights that the top link connects to. Anybody know of a parts dealer or someone who may have these for sale?

WOW! Never seen one bend up like that...we had one of those for our 8N....I also have a Dearborn 10-8 that I reconditioned with new shares that I'd part with...(I have a 140 Farmall and a 230 Farmall with Fast Hitches...have both plows for each)...soo..don't really need the harder to put on one...BobG in VA

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #8  
check in with Agrisupply in Micro NC, they have parts like mold boards, rochshares and they just might know where to help you out

/ Dearborn 10-156 Plow #9  
If you have a farm salvage yard near you, You could pick up an old one and use it for parts.
As for new plows, I would go over to Newton to Everything Attachments and get one of the
ones they make, rugged plow. Been there twice and they are great to work with. I have
a Ferguson 28-AO-12 plow and that is how I had to restore it. Lucked out finding an
old one at a salvage place that had parts missing, but had the parts I needed. So I bought
it and now have some spare parts. Sorry, but the top link uprights are different...If all
else fails, do as suggested and go to see if you can have them straightened enought to
use them as a pattern for new ones...Or, find someone who will let you use theirs for
the patterns...
Good luck :thumbsup:
Tom