hydraulics

/ hydraulics #1  

wool49

Tractor
jd 5105
cant get the 3 point hydraulic to go down. changed oil & filter and cleaned screen still wont go down.

/ hydraulics #2  
it could be that your hydro pump has quit working.need to talk to the shop an see what they think.

/ hydraulics #3  
Seriously doubt that it is a pump problem. Make and model will help considerably, your statement is very similar to saying I have a car with an engine problem.

Brian

/ hydraulics #4  
Don't know about JD, but on my Kubota there's a knob under the seat to control the lowering speed of the 3ph. Check for something similar on your tractor.

Oh, and welcome to TBN from NC.

/ hydraulics #5  
well the poster has changed the hydro oil an hydro filters.an the 3pt still wont lift.so he still has a prob.my buddy bought a 2008 kubota 105 with 1900hrs on it.the hydro pump would not lift the 3pt at all.an he told them he would take it if it was cheap enough an it was.now mind you its a 4wd drive cab tractor.he had his manchanic change the hydro oil an filters.an it still didnt work.so now they are putting a new pump on it.

/ hydraulics #6  
His problem is that it won't go down, not that it won't lift. I second what heviduty says - check the drop rate controller.

And, wool49, welcome to TBN.

/ hydraulics #7  
itIt would also help to know what make model tractor he has.

-edit- Ah saw in his profile a JD 5105. There is a knob under the seat that controls rate of drop. Look in your operator's manual to see how to adjust it. If that doesn't help he'll need to contact a dealer for servicing as all components are in the case and may have to split the tractor to repair.

/ hydraulics #8  
Sorry for the dumb question, but do you have something attached to the 3-point hitch? Usually they go down with gravity and need some weight on them...

/ hydraulics #9  
did you get your lift repaired, I am having the same problem with a 5103 jd 2006 model

/ hydraulics #10  
This happened to me once. Bush hog would not go all the way down. I checked everything, jumped up and down on it, wouldn't budge. Turns out the drive shaft was twisted and while bouncing across a bumpy pasture, the shaft compressed onto the twisted part and jammed solid!!

I finally got it pulled apart but had to replace.