1964 Ford 2000 LCG New Owner

/ 1964 Ford 2000 LCG New Owner #1  

redneck83

Tractor
1964 Ford 2000 LCG
Hope i am posting this in the right spot. I am new to this site and new to owning a tractor. I have used them my whole life just not owned. I have some questions already. I want to change all fluids and filters before i use this tractor. Im not sure how long they have been in it or whats in it. I dont have a manual or anything to help me so any help would be appreciated. It is a 1964 ford 2000 LCG. 4 cyl. gas burner. It has the 4F 1R transmission. I guess its called a 4 speed. It has a PTO and a two stage clutch. Im guessing it is 12 volt or has been recently converted. It has a new alternator on it and a 12V battery. The alternator is on the left close to the front. I dont know if they came 12V or not. The only leak i see is on the left side by the parking brake lever. Its a real slow drip where an arm goes into the tractor. Not sure what it is. Also the exhaust is blowing straight into the radiator. where is it suppose to exit at. I am posting some pics that might help. Well thanks in advance for any help. Chris

IMG_1177.jpgIMG_3590.jpgIMG_9746.jpgIMG_9939.jpgIMG_9480.jpgIMG_8280.jpg

/ 1964 Ford 2000 LCG New Owner #2  
first i dont think it is a lcg model it is a regular 2000, second it does't have a 2 stage clutch the 4 speeds didn't have that option only the 5 speeds, third the leak will be most likely on the brake cross shaft there is a seal on both sides, and forth the exhaust is missing two pipes that would direct the exhaust out the back of the tractor under the right had side running board

/ 1964 Ford 2000 LCG New Owner
Ok thanks for your input. First the decal says lcg. Which i know they can be bought and put on. But the numbers on the transmission that tell what year and all that stuff is this. 21311 which from what i have found on the net says its an LCG

I might be wrong about the pto though but i havent been on the tractor yet. I am at work which is on a towboat so i am relaying what im being told. I will find out for sure about the pto. I have tried to find manuals for this model to download but it seems there are none. I have found them for sale. I have found them for about every other model out there too just not this one. I am working on getting all the numbers and what kind of tranny it has so i will know and for yall to help me with what i need. Thanks again for the help.

Yes the pto is non-live. When the tractor stops it stops. Thanks

I have been reading and investigating the pto. On the tractor i have since the pto is non-live i should put a slip clutch on say a bush hog to keep it from pushing me? If the pto stops when the tractor stops the blades keep going, now thy are going the same direction they were and the pto is stopped so how does it turn the pto to turn the trans to push the tractor? I am just trying to understand how this works. Is a slip clutch, over run clutch and over ride clutch and safety clutch all the same or are they different? If so how. Thank you

/ 1964 Ford 2000 LCG New Owner #7  
no a slip clutch is on the implement incase you hit some thing it will slip rather than break something you need a over running coupler one the back of the tractor

Ok thank you. Another question. Can i use an auger on the tractor. Since its non-live pto will the pto spin in neutral?