john deere 5045e starting problem?

/ john deere 5045e starting problem?
I did contact the dealer, but they say it is normal. I just don't see it being normal. I'm going to check temp when the cold start switch opens and closes. I'm very happy with this machine just one quirk. Thought i would see if other had the problem or just me. Maybe everyone else finds it normal?

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #12  
My JD 5303 is a little "cold natured". I went from a normally aspirated JD 5105 to a turbo JD 5303 and it is noticeably different. The 5105 would crank right up regardless of the temperature with little to no smoke or rough idle. The 5303 will give both if the intake heater, holding the key in, isn't activated first. I often have to stop and start during a day of work and do not experience the issue you describe.

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #13  
I have that tractor and I've never seen that issue.

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #14  
I haven't run into that with my 5045E but I haven't restarted it after a twenty minute partial cool down. I'd guess that it takes your twenty seconds for the turbo to get the intake air up to pressure and for the pollution sensors to get enough info to get the injector settings right. As long as it clears up after twenty seconds I wouldn't be too concerned but talk it over with your dealers mechanic to get their informed opinion on it.
I'm letting mine idle for a full minute before shutdown to be extra cautious of the turbo bearing temps.

/ john deere 5045e starting problem?
just thought I would post the fix for the problem I had in case some one else runs into it. It wound up to be a dissconnected wire in the right upper side of the engine for the intake heater pluged it in and never had the problem again. It must not have been fully seated when new.:D

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #16  
just thought I would post the fix for the problem I had in case some one else runs into it. It wound up to be a dissconnected wire in the right upper side of the engine for the intake heater pluged it in and never had the problem again. It must not have been fully seated when new.:D

Thanks for the update.