john deere 5045e starting problem?

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #1  

broadway3000

Tractor
5045e
I have a new 5045e that i bought 3 weeks ago and when i run it for long enough to get it fully warmed up then shut it off for about 20 minutes when it restarts it has no power and is blowing smoke way worse than at a full cold start up for about 20 seconds. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Last edited:
   / john deere 5045e starting problem? #2  
Just curious if you've identified the problem. Has it had this problem since you bought it?

/ john deere 5045e starting problem?
It has done it since it was new 4 weeks ago. My first tractor so I'm paranoid. Talked to a owner of a 5055e today and he told me he talked to the same dealer and they told him to hold in the key for 20-30 seconds even on a warm engine? Because of the turbo? I'm just worried about overfueling on a warm engine start time after time.

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #4  
I was wondering if it has something to do with how you shut it down, although the 20 mins seems like a long time. I've had a similar problem trying to restart my new (and first) tractor after being shut down for a few minutes. I think I've concluded that I might have shut it down while under load. When I tried to restart, it almost acted like it was flooded, or starved for fuel.

I've been turning the idle all the way down for 20 seconds before shut down. It seems like it is on a timer when it does it because it wont clear up then instantly its better. So i thought cold start soliniod was activating when it shouldn't be.

Are happy with yours. I considered that one but got a good deal on the green machine

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #7  
This is an issue for you and your dealer. I wouldn't waste any time getting him involved.

The other guy had a similiar issue and that was their reply

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #9  
Mark Page said:
This is an issue for you and your dealer. I wouldn't waste any time getting him involved.

I agree contacting the dealer for a new tractor issue is a good solution, but don't see any harm in doing a little problem solving on your own first. Also curious if we have/had similar operational issues that were worth talking through.

On my tractor starting issue, I checked the water separator and tracked the fuel line. I didn't see any leaks, but I did find a place where the fuel line appears to be more crimped than I would think it should be. If I continue to have problems I plan to talk to the dealer but I want to be able to tell him what I've tried.

/ john deere 5045e starting problem? #10  
broadway3000 said:
Are happy with yours. I considered that one but got a good deal on the green machine

Been extremely happy with the kubota. I also looked at the JD5055e and might have gone that way if my dealer was a little closer and more responsive. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. From everything I've read, it's a great tractor.