Default Kubota BX 2200 Power Steering

I have 145 hrs on the BX. I have just developed a problem with the power steering. I can slowly rotate the streering wheel to the left and the front wheels don't turn. If I turn it quik they will turn. When I mow I am constantly turning the steering wheel to the left. Turning right seams to work fine. I feel that it may be weak bypass spring in the steering valve, if there is one. I don't think the steering cylinder would be leaking past the piston but that may be happening. Any thoughts out there? HAs anyone had the same problem?

Default Re: Kubota BX 2200 Power Steering

Sounds like your assumptions may be right. I'd suspect a bad seal in the steering cylinder [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].
    DaveL

Default Re: Kubota BX 2200 Power Steering

Just had the same type problem on a knife gate. When I would regulate the flow down it wouldn't move but at high flow it would work ok. When I disassembled the cylinder the piston seals were shot. There was no noticable wear to the liner so I just replaced the seals and it works fine. I would definitely check any bypass valves if they exist before I tore down a cylinder.