Tractor batteries - any recommendations?

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #1  

djw250

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510
Well after 7 years my grandson finally killed the battery in my Mahindra 3510 by leaving the key switch on. I am now in the market for a new battery, and figured I'd tap into the collective experience of TBN. Anybody have any recommendations for a new battery? Any experience with the brand that TSC carries? Thanks in advance.

Dave

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #3  
I have bought all brands and dont find that any one brand last longer or works better than any other premium battery. I dont care for the Sears Die-hard as I think they are way overpriced for the warranty provided and dont last any longer. I had one on my ZTR and it went bad in a year and it is a big battery not like the little rinky dink ones normally found on lawnmowers.
Walmart batteries last about as long as any other including Autozone which I have in my boat and Napa which I have in my Kubota RTV that replaces an Optima that went bad in 2 years. Closest dealer was Napa and the guy didnt even keep them in stock as he said most folks dont want to spent the $200+ for one and I didnt either.
Just get one (any brand)with the maximum cold cranking amps that will fit in the battery box and go for it.

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #4  
I've always bought middle of the road Die Hards. In the tractor they last about 6 years. The last one I bought for my last pickup was 4 years old and going strong. When you think about it a battery is a pretty good deal. You drop 80 bucks and it gives 6 years of service. That's about $13/yr.
I like Sears as they always have what I need in stock, it's one stop shopping.
The boat gets a new one every other spring whether it needs it or not. Unfortunately the boat's batteries are too big to fit anything else.

Just get one (any brand)with the maximum cold cranking amps that will fit in the battery box and go for it.- Good advice from Gary

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations?
Not sure the normal automotive battery retailers will have a battery this size. It is about 15 inches long.

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #6  
Google Battery Group size chart and you will find dimensions of various battery size groups. Find the ones that fit your battery compartment. Go to auto parts store of your choice and find the batteries with at least same CCA as your existing battery in the applicable size groups and correct terminal type/orientation. Choose the price/performance combination you want.

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #7  
After decades of having battery acid rot the metal battery area on my tractors I, switched to those Optima red top and yellow top sealed batteries they sell at Sam's Club. Probably costs a little more but it is worth it to me. No leaks.

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #8  
I personally like Interstate Batteries. They have a store close by and seem to have anything needed for our business or pleasure

/ Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #9  
Not sure the normal automotive battery retailers will have a battery this size. It is about 15 inches long.

My tractor has a battery that is about that size. It turns out the battery also fits some Mercedes (or Volvos?), and I have always been able to find replacements at auto parts stores.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Tractor batteries - any recommendations? #10  
Sam's Club and Costco sell a lot of batteries. Their warranty is first rate as well.

If you don't know the group size then just measure the L, W, H, take the measurements to the store, use a tape measure to find what fits.

As others have said, make sure the + and - terminals are lined up correctly. If you have very long cables it really doesn't matter.