Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

Default Tractor batteries - any recommendations?

Well after 7 years my grandson finally killed the battery in my Mahindra 3510 by leaving the key switch on. I am now in the market for a new battery, and figured I'd tap into the collective experience of TBN. Anybody have any recommendations for a new battery? Any experience with the brand that TSC carries? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX25D, JD 820

Default Re: Tractor batteries - any recommendations?

Autozone Duralast Gold
    If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I have bought all brands and dont find that any one brand last longer or works better than any other premium battery. I dont care for the Sears Die-hard as I think they are way overpriced for the warranty provided and dont last any longer. I had one on my ZTR and it went bad in a year and it is a big battery not like the little rinky dink ones normally found on lawnmowers.
    Walmart batteries last about as long as any other including Autozone which I have in my boat and Napa which I have in my kubota RTV that replaces an Optima that went bad in 2 years. Closest dealer was Napa and the guy didnt even keep them in stock as he said most folks dont want to spent the $200+ for one and I didnt either.
    Just get one (any brand)with the maximum cold cranking amps that will fit in the battery box and go for it.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader

I've always bought middle of the road Die Hards. In the tractor they last about 6 years. The last one I bought for my last pickup was 4 years old and going strong. When you think about it a battery is a pretty good deal. You drop 80 bucks and it gives 6 years of service. That's about $13/yr.
    I like Sears as they always have what I need in stock, it's one stop shopping.
    The boat gets a new one every other spring whether it needs it or not. Unfortunately the boat's batteries are too big to fit anything else.

Just get one (any brand)with the maximum cold cranking amps that will fit in the battery box and go for it.- Good advice from Gary
    Gear Up and Throttle Down.

2011 Massey 2615, 7ft Woods Rear Discharge Finish Mower, 6 ft Lucknow Snow Blower, Danuser post hole digger with 12" and 24" augers, 350 lb 3 pt broadcast spreader, 7ft scraper blade, 7 ft. drag harrow, JD GT 275 rider with 38" snow blower attachment.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

Not sure the normal automotive battery retailers will have a battery this size. It is about 15 inches long.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX25D, JD 820

Google Battery Group size chart and you will find dimensions of various battery size groups. Find the ones that fit your battery compartment. Go to auto parts store of your choice and find the batteries with at least same CCA as your existing battery in the applicable size groups and correct terminal type/orientation. Choose the price/performance combination you want.
    If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy?

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

After decades of having battery acid rot the metal battery area on my tractors I, switched to those Optima red top and yellow top sealed batteries they sell at Sam's Club. Probably costs a little more but it is worth it to me. No leaks.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kubota L 5240 John Deere 550 Gator Toro 60 in zero turn Toro 44 in walk behind

I personally like Interstate Batteries. They have a store close by and seem to have anything needed for our business or pleasure

Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by djw250 View Post
    Not sure the normal automotive battery retailers will have a battery this size. It is about 15 inches long.
    My tractor has a battery that is about that size. It turns out the battery also fits some Mercedes (or Volvos?), and I have always been able to find replacements at auto parts stores.

Steve
    Last edited by smstonypoint; 08-20-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Sam's Club and Costco sell a lot of batteries. Their warranty is first rate as well.

If you don't know the group size then just measure the L, W, H, take the measurements to the store, use a tape measure to find what fits.

As others have said, make sure the + and - terminals are lined up correctly. If you have very long cables it really doesn't matter.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast