Rate this Slope

/ Rate this Slope
I tend to agree with the other members in regards to the difficulty. By reviewing the posted pictures, I, personally don't perceive any problems due to the slope.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I will say the second time mowing felt more comfortable than the first.

/ Rate this Slope #12  
Thanks for all the replies so far. I will say the second time mowing felt more comfortable than the first.
In retrospect, it is much better to be Safe than Sorry. Just a suggestion? Have you ever considered purchasing a Tiltmeter? They aren't very expensive and are even listed in TBN's Store. There are several threads and posts in regards to them.

/ Rate this Slope #13  
Mow it however you feel the most comfortable. Slopes can be decieving until you start across it. Another thing if you keep you fel on keep it as low as you can.

/ Rate this Slope #14  
I have a pc. of pasture that I mow occcassionally. The back end of which is 26 degrees. It levels out to 12 degrees at the front. I have no problems side hilling the 12-16 degree slope, from 17 degrees to 21 degrees I mow down hill with the throttle closed, the rest I leave for the deer.
Sometimes I think it might not be a bad thing that these machines don't have 4 wheel brakes.
I wouldn't think twice about mowing your hill side hill or up and down.

/ Rate this Slope #15  
What slope?

Around here we call that flat land. :laughing:

Unless that pic is very deceiving, you should have no problem mowing that up, down, or across.
+2 You don't know how good you've got it. There will come a time though when you reach the limits of your tractor set up. That is when you have to be paying attention with your ROPS up and your seat belt fastened. Take care.

/ Rate this Slope #16  
Looks like an easy slope to mow, I have way steeper places to deal with in my locale.

/ Rate this Slope #17  
I'll trade ya slopes. 168264d1276354855-guess-angle-dscn7193.jpg

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/174753-guess-angle.html

/ Rate this Slope #18  
I often hear people talking about tippy CUTs but I haven't seen many pictures. Is there a thread where everyone posts their tipped over tractor so we can see what it takes?

/ Rate this Slope #19  
Well I will add my 2 cents. Compared to what we have here in Branson, That looks pretty good. Sure better safe than sorry, and take all due precautions, There is no reason not too. Also look out for unseen rocks on the high side and holes on the low side that can make things worse. But like one of the guys said, that looks like what we call flat land around here. If you keep your bucket low and have filled tires, a lot of the time the tractor will slide sideways first before it would tip. Be ready to steer down hill, make sure you are in 4wd to prevent the back tires from breaking loose on damp grass and causing the tractor to run away. Be safe and have fun.

James K0UA

/ Rate this Slope #20  
What you see and what you feel are often two different things. Below (hopefully) is a shot of a small piece of the approx. 5 acres I used to mow for my MIL. The picture shows it to be a lot more tame than it felt. There were a few other areas similar to but not as bad as this. When we mowed for Mom, I'd have my #3 Son on the B7500 doing the flatter stuff.

Although the little Ford is almost tip-proof with the 5' deck behind it, that slope is about the limit for what i care to do sidehill. With anything other than very dry grass, the tractor would crab its way along the section where I am in the picture. Even so, it required one cheek on the left fender.

The ground is about 18" lower on the left side of the concrete wall at the left of the photo. It's very nearly flush on the upper side. A few times the mower pulled the tractor sideways while making the cut at the bottom and the deck slid over the wall. At least twice the Kubota had to come to the rescue with enough chain for #3 Son to be on the flat above.

Mom's Slope.JPG