Rate this Slope

/ Rate this Slope #1  

LHS Inc

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro w/300CX FEL
I've had my 2010 JD 3520 for two years now and haven't come upon much slope to deal with until I got a mowing job where I cut the lawn also. The owners want it cut once a month.

The pic I provided shows the slope. The part I'm talking about runs along side the parking lot. The first time I cut it up and down. The next time I felt better about it and cut it the long way without any problem.

The slope furthest away I cut up and down with the flat ground, I'm not concerned about it.

From all I've read on TBN these CUT's can be tippy so I'm being extra careful.

If the pic is good enough can someone rate this slope for me?

The pic of my JD and the Frontier RC 1060 is on the rest of the lot which is fairly flat.

Thanks

102_0701.jpg102_0706.jpg102_0705.jpg

/ Rate this Slope #2  
Hard to tell the degree of slope based on pictures but looks to me like it isn't very steep. However I would suggest you remove your FEL, use 4WD, seatbelt and mow up/down instead of across.

/ Rate this Slope #3  
It does not look to bad to me. Like rekees said use 4wd, rops , and seatblet. Keep in mind that 4wd not only helps get you up but it helps keep you from sliding down. Fluid in the tires will help make it more stable which you probably have since you have a FEL.

/ Rate this Slope #4  
That slope looks fine to me - from what I can see in the photo (which may be misleading) I wouldn't even thunk twice about it...

/ Rate this Slope #5  
"IF" the flag pole is plumb, then the camera is 2* off plumb...
After that the slope itself is hard to see. I suggest a 11* angle.
The real world could be much different.

slope-1.jpg

/ Rate this Slope #6  
What slope?

Around here we call that flat land. :laughing:

Unless that pic is very deceiving, you should have no problem mowing that up, down, or across.

/ Rate this Slope #7  
It is hard to tell from the pictures the actual degree of slope. I am cutting lengthwise on a ditch bank that I have measured at 18 degrees slope. I always make sure I have my seatbelt on, always in low range and going very slow (1 to 2 mph), always in four wheel drive, and ready to turn the steering wheel down the slope should the back get light or a tire raise.

/ Rate this Slope
That slope looks fine to me - from what I can see in the photo (which may be misleading) I wouldn't even thunk twice about it...

Yeah I didn't think it was too bad but like I said I'm being careful with these tippy CUT's. I just need something to go by for future jobs.

Even though I'm doing ok with this site I think this will be my limit as far as mowing across slopes. Anything greater will be up and down.

Always good to live to see another day.

/ Rate this Slope #9  
I tend to agree with the other members in regards to the difficulty. By reviewing the posted pictures, I, personally don't perceive any problems due to the slope.

/ Rate this Slope
What slope?

Around here we call that flat land. :laughing:

Unless that pic is very deceiving, you should have no problem mowing that up, down, or across.

Ha Ha, yeah I thought someone might think that. I've been mowing CRP ground on the farm which is flat with the JD 4010 / 10 ft Bushhog and it's a shock to the system to jump on the 3520 and start mowing. Especially on what I call a slope.

Still love my JD 3520 in spite of the difference.