Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
Here is a link to an informative Youtube video demonstrating a vintage Gannon "Earthcavator" Rollover Box Blade:

Free Gannon Earthcavator - YouTube

There have been numerous posts seeking information on "rollover" Vs. "regular" box blades.
This video clarified most of the differences for me.

Last edited:
   / Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #2  
Jeff,

That thing is really cool. Thanks for posting that link. I'd love to have one of those.

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #3  
:thumbsup:Now that is a very handy implement wouldn't mind finding one of those my ownself.:D

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #4  
Only down side would seem to be switching directions from dragging to pushing with the blade. You have to do more than just shift gears so would add to your cycle time considerable.

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #5  
what if you want to use the teeth and the blade at the same time?

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #7  
Only down side would seem to be switching directions from dragging to pushing with the blade. You have to do more than just shift gears so would add to your cycle time considerable.

While this is true, I personally have not had a reason to do that on a regular basis. If you are just trying to smooth things out, there is no reason to even roll it over.

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #8  
Overall good design especially for a tractor with limited hydraulic functions. Much easier than getting on and off to raise/lower rippers. Looked like someone had gotten alot of use out of those rippers already. I think I will stick with my current boxblade though.

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #9  
The roll-over box blade was designed back when there were NO REAR REMOTES on any of the tractors that would be using them. They are a superior design over the standard box, but not as good as the newer hydraulic functioned boxes.

JMO ;)

/ Gannon Earthcavator / Rollover Box Blade on Youtube #10  
I bought a used Gill 6 ft. RO BB a couple years ago for song. No videos of it "in action", but here's a pic. I find many uses for all three functions. Just a regular BB in the fwd position. Have used the rippers to take out rough spots and roots on firebreaks and skid rows. The rear facing blade makes it very easy to cut perfect water bars on my road.

Hey Brian-I'm still in for a T-n-T at some point.:D Hopefully sooner than later.

Attachments

• Grap9.jpg
    Grap9.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 1,125