3-Point Hitch PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions?

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #1  

osmaacres

Tractor
John Deere 728 XL
I have a John Deere with an iMatch quick hitch. My JD has a 540 rear PTO which I use for running a Roto Tiller and a Brush Mower.
I am partially handicapped and I (working alone) am unable to attach or detach the implement from the tractor PTO shaft. Is there any PTO accessories that would enable me to easily and quickly attach or detach the tractor PTO from the PTO shaft on the implement? I have read all the TBN posts related to difficulty with attaching/detaching the PTO.

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #2  
Not that I am aware of, sure wish there was as I have to have one of my sons come up when I need to hook one up; will be following the thread as we have several members with similar situations.

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #3  
I have a John Deere with an iMatch quick hitch. My JD has a 540 rear PTO which I use for running a Roto Tiller and a Brush Mower.
I am partially handicapped and I (working alone) am unable to attach or detach the implement from the tractor PTO shaft. Is there any PTO accessories that would enable me to easily and quickly attach or detach the tractor PTO from the PTO shaft on the implement? I have read all the TBN posts related to difficulty with attaching/detaching the PTO.

Would it help to use a jack stand to support the shaft at the correct height so all you have to do is back the tractor into position, shut it off, then pull the shaft out a little and turn the PTO to align and slip it on, while still supported on the stand. Then swing your lower links in and hook up. Raise the unit and pull the jack stand out with a hook pole.

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #4  
There was a company called Tommy John who sell their own quick hitch which incorporates a pto quick hitch...

TommyJohn Industries - QuickHitch

Here is a video of it in action - I found it on youtube a couple of years ago... don't know if they are still trading as haven't been to their website :thumbsup:

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #5  
The newer they are the harder it is.

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #6  
John Deere has a quick attach pto set up for the IMatch, most of their new pto implements such as an MX rotary cutter, 673 tiller (the ones I am familiar with) have this as an option and it isn't very expensive either.

It uses a piece of driveline attached from the IMatch to the tractor that you leave in place and has a lever up top to slide a collar to engage the shafts. The implements have a matching mating shaft that is centered the hitch frame that aligns with the Imatch side. Pretty simple really, so you can back in hookup the implement and the pto without leaving the driver seat in both cab and open station tractors.

Here's a link to this feature IMatch Auto Hitch, page takes you to the MX6 click on full features then click on hookup.
John*Deere MX6 Rotary Cutter Mowing & Cutting Attachment JohnDeere.com

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions?
Thank you very much for your response. I have contacted my local JD dealer to acquire complete information.

Thank you for your response. I also saw the video and have checked the available links; I have not yet found much information.

/ PTO Quick Attach/Detach suggestions? #9  
Thank you very much for your response. I have contacted my local JD dealer to acquire complete information.

The nice thing about this is it will work with most any tractor with a 3 point hitch. You would need the Deere implements but I suspect you could easily modify lots of other implements if you are willing to buy a new driveline assembly and can have or have done some minor steel fabrication.

Thank each of you for your help. I have read (somewhere) that a PTO Extension Adapter will work! Has anyone tried that successfully?