Losing pins off the back of the tractor

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #11  
My tractor also has the hitch pin clips on top and bottom of the lift. What I do is push them all the way through, where the round part is and I haven`t lost any more of them. This method is simple and it works.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #12  
I second RDrancher.
Locking lynch pins are just about the only things I use

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor
I second RDrancher.
Locking lynch pins are just about the only things I use

It's true, but for the price of 1 locking lynch pin, I can buy 100 split cotter pins. Meh. It's not a perfect comparison, because I only need about six locking lynch pins. More fundamentally, I already bought split cotter pins and put them in, so I now have to rationalize that was the best thing to do. :D

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #14  
It's true, but for the price of 1 locking lynch pin, I can buy 100 split cotter pins. Meh. It's not a perfect comparison, because I only need about six locking lynch pins. More fundamentally, I already bought split cotter pins and put them in, so I now have to rationalize that was the best thing to do. :D

I'll support your decision so you can feel better.

;)

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #15  

Wait until something gets loose and bends up because you are pulling or pushing with only one side of the hitch. Sometimes to save money you have to spend it first. Now pry that wallet open and get a ten dollar bill out and buy a handfull of lynch pins in sizes for all your pins.:laughing:

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #16  
Wait until something gets loose and bends up because you are pulling or pushing with only one side of the hitch. Sometimes to save money you have to spend it first. Now pry that wallet open and get a ten dollar bill out and buy a handfull of lynch pins in sizes for all your pins.:laughing:

Couldn't agree more. The time to stop and replace or even check while you are in the middle of a job justifies the cost. An unexpected trip to the store is another time waster I just can't afford during hay season. I bought more than I need and have them in all the tractor tool boxes.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #17  
I just paid $0.79 for 2 lynch pins sized for the lower arms to the implement.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #18  
I agree with RDrancher the lynch pins are the way to go, I found them be accident and love them.:thumbsup:

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor

All joking about money aside, I don't actually understand what you mean. The problem with the spring-type pins is obvious: weeds pull them out. But the split-type pins seem pretty secure to me. How are they going to come out?

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #20  
They'll still pull out.. They just require more force before they do. Also, the bent ends of the pins can get caught and "straightened", making them fall out.