Losing pins off the back of the tractor

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #31  
No offense, but I hate those lynch pins...............I've got a dozen or so scattered over my 2 acres.
I think they were purposely designed to become dislodged by small twigs just to mess with tractor owners.:laughing:

Use the black ones that Steve mentioned. If they snap closed when you're not ready for it they'll put a nice dent in your fingernail. :D I keep a handful of spares in my toolbox on the tractor and another handful in the truck. No need in getting shut down on a job for a buck. Talk about a dollar waiting on a dime... ;)

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #32  
The chain is there to grab the weeds and then pull the lynch pin open.
The black heavy duty lynch pin on the right side of the page is the one I use for .99 buy some extras to have on each implement.

That's the way I had it figured also.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #33  
Use the black ones that Steve mentioned. If they snap closed when you're not ready for it they'll put a nice dent in your fingernail. :D I keep a handful of spares in my toolbox on the tractor and another handful in the truck. No need in getting shut down on a job for a buck. Talk about a dollar waiting on a dime... ;)
I just may give those a try when my cotter pins wear out.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #34  
Use the black ones that Steve mentioned. If they snap closed when you're not ready for it they'll put a nice dent in your fingernail. :D

I've practiced my sailor terminology a few times when one closed at the wrong time. :eek: Never lost one though!

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor
What about these? Seems like they're even better than the circular snap-pins, and even less likely to dislodge. Or not?

mlr037x_bg.jpg

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #36  
I have used those (not for a tractor) and they seem to stretch out after time and I find myself having to try to collapse them a little every time I use them.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #37  
What about these? Seems like they're even better than the circular snap-pins, and even less likely to dislodge. Or not?

It depends on what you're trying to secure, but I do use those for pins through the holes in the extendable lower arm links and also the safety pin on my trailers coupler. Extras in my toolbox as well.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #38  
I've even lost locking lynch pins while plowing new ground that had some low thorny bushes on it. Both the bolt with the nylocks or the safety wire will solve the problem. A couple of feet of electric fence wire in the tool box with a pair if pliers or vice grips are handy things to have with you.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #39  

View attachment 278134

Those things are worthless, as far as I'm concerned. I had one pull out of the gauge wheel post on my 62D MMM. Didn't even know it was gone until I went to lift the deck into the air with the forks to pull the blades and the gauge wheel fell out.

/ Losing pins off the back of the tractor #40  
Those things are worthless, as far as I'm concerned. I had one pull out of the gauge wheel post on my 62D MMM. Didn't even know it was gone until I went to lift the deck into the air with the forks to pull the blades and the gauge wheel fell out.

Then what did you replace it with that wasn't "worthless"?