Oil & Fuel farmall M

/ farmall M #1  

bas2wes

Tractor
farmall M
i JUST PURCHASED MY FARMALL M, AND FOUND IT LEAKING OIL FROM BOTTOM OF TRACTOR. I THINK IT IS HYDRAULIC FLUID, AS IT IS IN THE AREA OF THE HYDRAULIC. I READ THAT SHOULD RUN REGULAR 30 W OIL IN HYDRAULICS. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD SEND. THANK YOU, BAS2WES

/ farmall M #2  
I grew up with some old Farmall's, but I'm not sure what Dad put in them for hydraulic oil. When he migrated from dairy farming to construction work, he bought hydraulic oil in 55 gallon drums and used it in all of his equipment. I even used it instead of ATF in my 1958 Ford, which had a leaky front seal in the transmission.

I would just go to Tractor Supply, or some other farm supply place and buy some "Universal" hydraulic fluid.

If you want to make sure you're right, you probably can find a Farmall M owner's manual somewhere online.

/ farmall M #3  
Welcome to the forum, I have a 1951 Farmall M. I am restoring, I have had it for 14 years. The hydraulics is 30 wt., transmission takes 13 gallons of 80 wt...The engine is straight 30 weight, ck your manual, Tractor Supply Co. is a good source. As far as the leak, a fellow working for oreillys told me to pour a half of quart of transmission fluid in the hydraulics and it should stop the leak do to its anti-leak properties. I love my M it has a loader on front and has done me a great service through out the years. I even left it sitting out in the weather for 5 years, low and behold it started right up. Now I am installing a 6 volt positive ground Alternator, it has a 63 amp output. Changed my wiring to new wiring. I wanted to keep the M as close to stock as possible. Should be back running in a couple weeks. Good Luck Gary F.

/ farmall M
THANK-YOU FOR THE INFORMATION ON THE HYDRAULIC FLUID. BURL

/ farmall M
Gary Farmall, Last august, you had answered a question about my farmall M hyradulic leak. You mentioned you had a front end loader on your farmall, I would like to have one on mine, could you give me any information on where I could get one,or where to look. Anything would be appreciated. Thank You, Farmall M