Fuel Too High?

/ Fuel Too High? #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
How high would diesel have to go before you would curtail your seat time. Mowing every other week instead of weekly, staying out of your wood plot, not offering to mow your neighbor place for free
etc.
I only burn about 60 gallons per year, so I don't think $10.00/gal would hold me back too much.

/ Fuel Too High? #2  
I think it is to high now. But I am from the old school and struggle with today's world.

/ Fuel Too High? #3  
How high would diesel have to go before you would curtail your seat time. Mowing every other week instead of weekly, staying out of your wood plot, not offering to mow your neighbor place for free
etc.
I only burn about 60 gallons per year, so I don't think $10.00/gal would hold me back too much.

I'm not OCD enough to mow fields weekly. I do a lot of brush clearing and backhoe work but honestly it is finding the time to get in the seat rather than the cost of being there that limits my hours. $20 a gallon might make a difference though!

/ Fuel Too High? #4  
I figure my mower burns about 1 gal an hour, my backhoe and tractors burn about 3 gallons an hour typically so lets say average is about 1.5 gallons per hour. Haven't had to ckeck lately but I assume a good head doctor is about $200/hr maybe more so I feel the price of fuel in my tractors is cheap if it preserves my sanity.

/ Fuel Too High? #5  
A good head Dr might be less, depending upon how good your insurance is. :)

Last edited:
   / Fuel Too High? #6  
Someone like me who uses a tractor for a handful of chores per year........ it certainly wouldn't effect my tractor use @ 10 or 15 dollars per gallon. Problem is..... how much will groceries, building materiels, clothes cost when everything is moved by truck? No doubt the current administration would love to see diesel @ $12/gallon tomorrow.

/ Fuel Too High? #7  
its not that bad yet my tractor burns 3 gallon an hour its a pig on fuel its only 203 cubes if the price goes up to 7 bucks a gallon the tractor will sit i found kubotas eat fuel i run a case at WOT it was gd on fuel

/ Fuel Too High? #8  
case 245,
I suspect that most tractors of a specific size doing the same work will be very close in fuel consumption. I haven't heard any complaints about Kubota's burning more fuel than any other brand. I think Kubotas' as a group are as efficient as any one else.

/ Fuel Too High? #9  
Someone like me who uses a tractor for a handful of chores per year........ it certainly wouldn't effect my tractor use @ 10 or 15 dollars per gallon. Problem is..... how much will groceries, building materiels, clothes cost when everything is moved by truck? No doubt the current administration would love to see diesel @ $12/gallon tomorrow.

DuctTape understands the problem. With fuel that high I would need to sell the tractor and everything else to buy groceries.

/ Fuel Too High? #10  
Gordon Gould said:
DuctTape understands the problem. With fuel that high I would need to sell the tractor and everything else to buy groceries.

That would be like trying to sell your house in 2009. I'm sure u have already prepared, so u were joking.