Mowing Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #1  

DON11630

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 240
Why does my 60" rotary cutter leave half cut grass on the left side of the cut and a nice cut on the right half of the cut? I am running at 540 at the PTO and I have slowed the tractor down to third gear. The cutter is level and new blades are on.

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #2  
are you sure it is level? pull out onto concrete. even a half inch height side to sde on the deck will stripe like that. most tractors have a leveling hnd crank to make up for that.

post back

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #3  
not sure if they are made in 60", but some cutters are made for 1000rpms, could be your issue but I doubt they are made that small.

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #4  
not sure if they are made in 60", but some cutters are made for 1000rpms, could be your issue but I doubt they are made that small.

i'm not sure how rpm liek that type of difference would leave him striping?

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #5  
Probably from the tires packing the grass down. How tall is grass and is it wet? :confused:

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #6  
You are right, I was thinking about it more and had to come back.

I was thinking about the cutter turning ccw and the mower moving forward and the right side technically travelling faster.... I don't know why I was considering the tractor travelling speed having any effect on the cutting action- sorry, I am tired.

edit: that was in response to soundguy

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #7  
Any chance one of those blades is upside down?

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #8  
ARE YOU SURE THAT THE LEFT SIDE BLADE IS TURNING? PERHAPS THERE IS A SHEARED DRIVE KEY OR A BROKEN SHEAR BOLT THAT WILL ALLOW THE PULLEY ON THE LEFT SIDE TO SPIN ON THE PULLEY SHAFT, BUT WILL NOT DRIVE THE BLADE.

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #9  
ARE YOU SURE THAT THE LEFT SIDE BLADE IS TURNING? PERHAPS THERE IS A SHEARED DRIVE KEY OR A BROKEN SHEAR BOLT THAT WILL ALLOW THE PULLEY ON THE LEFT SIDE TO SPIN ON THE PULLEY SHAFT, BUT WILL NOT DRIVE THE BLADE.

Or did the blade just come loose and is spinning on the shaft giving you a partial cut?

/ Rotary cutter leaving half cut grass on the left side of the cutter #10  
Another possibility..... make sure both blades are installed correctly!!! If one is on backwards, could that do it??