Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT
I keep a rake, peevy, or iron bar in the loader torque tube or the grapple tube. My not so fancy tool box sits on a shelf I put across the fenders and supported by two pieces of light angle sandwiched on the rops

Your tool box looks great. Putting angle iron on the ROPS is something I didn't think of.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #22  
So... are you walking behind SWMBO?

I don't have a Ballast Box yet. I don't have anything on the front of the tractor. When I make one, I'll definitely put some drain pipe in the corners.
A ballast box may be the perfect tool box for you. Since you don't need the added weight(due to no FEL), you could use the entire box for tools.

She makes me walk in front of the tractor...........something about getting more work out of me:)

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #23  
Pixguy - looking good! How much weight do you figure your ballast box will give you?

Thanks, It's hard to figure with all the pipes deducting cement mass, but I'm figuring on about 600lbs, which should be fine for my scut when snowblowing uphill.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #24  
4Shorts - I can see what you like to do. And you are good at it too. Very, very nice custom work.
You must have some more that you can show us.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT
A ballast box may be the perfect tool box for you. Since you don't need the added weight(due to no FEL), you could use the entire box for tools.

She makes me walk in front of the tractor...........something about getting more work out of me:)

I hope you are not too tired from all that walking. :cool2:

I think you are right about just making a box for the back. I was planning on making a box anyway, because I need to take the trash down to the road every week. I'd like to make a box that would attach to the 3 point hitch so it could be lowered to floor level, the trash can wheeled in and secured, lift the 3 pt and then drive away.

When I'm not carrying trash, I could carry all the long-handled tools I need.

Where do you get the pins that I would need for the sides of the box to attach to the hitch? I never looked at Tractor Supply, but I'll take a look tomorrow.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #26  
KestrelMerlin said:
Where do you get the pins that I would need for the sides of the box to attach to the hitch? I never looked at Tractor Supply, but I'll take a look tomorrow.

Those are category 1 lift pins. TSC has them for maybe five dollars each.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #27  
Maybe you need a "Carry-All". The frame is available at TSC for $129. After that you are on your own and will find many neat versions here on TBN. Mine is of the simple variety.

Attachments

• BackWall8.JPG
    BackWall8.JPG
    621.9 KB · Views: 221
  • CarryAll2.JPG
    CarryAll2.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 280
   / Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #28  
bx24 toolbox.jpg
This was before I painted it orange. a small box for few hand tools.
4shorts - as usual you do good work and great full out ideas of designs.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #29  
Maybe you need a "Carry-All". The frame is available at TSC for $129. After that you are on your own and will find many neat versions here on TBN. Mine is of the simple variety.

What you really need is a carryall with toolboxes:

Tractor Photos 096.JPG

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #30  
4shorts -

Amazing!!! That latching system is sweet.

Thank you very much :) The latch is stainless and used on 18 wheelers.

4Shorts - I can see what you like to do. And you are good at it too. Very, very nice custom work.
You must have some more that you can show us.

Ah Gordon your starting to figure me out :laughing: Ya there's literately thousands of projects here I could show you but click on the link and see some more if you like. everything you see I did from the design to the completion including paint and body work. I always said I want to be a fire truck when and if I ever grow up :laughing:

Gasoline Alley by Paul Short

View attachment 279340
This was before I painted it orange. a small box for few hand tools.
4shorts - as usual you do good work and great full out ideas of designs.

That's cool too:cool: I like it :thumbsup: Glad you've enjoyed seeing my stuff ;)