Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #1  

KestrelMerlin

Tractor
John Deere 2305
Right now I don't have a tool box on my JD 2305, and I wonder where I could put one. I carry a couple hand tools in the cylinder for the manual on the ROPS.

In addition, sometimes I want a spade, a rake or a mattock. How do you carry long-handled tools?

I'd like to see your solutions to this.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #2  
Right now I don't have a tool box on my JD 2305, and I wonder where I could put one. I carry a couple hand tools in the cylinder for the manual on the ROPS.

In addition, sometimes I want a spade, a rake or a mattock. How do you carry long-handled tools?

With my hands............SWMBO, drives the tractor:laughing:

I can't find the photo's right now, but if you have the ballast box.......which you should..........stand up pieces if 4 inch drain pipe , in the corners, before you fill the box with concrete. Instant tool holder

Last edited:
   / Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #3  
Maybe you could clamp a piece or 2 of pvc pipe to the Rops and slide the handles of the tools in there. For a toolbox on my 2520 I have been eyeballing the space between the rops behind the seat. Just need to find a box to fit there. I usually like to carry a putty knife, knife and a few hand tools when mowing around the farm. That baler twine sneaks up and wraps my blades and I have to cut it off. Went to net wrap last year, my twine problem is slowly going away.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #4  
IMG_1185.jpgIMG_1188.jpgIMG_1187.jpgIMG_1184.jpg

Good morning,
This is what we did for our 2520. I wanted something that mounted behind the seat yet did not create an interference with the seat or the 3 pt arm. My preference would have been plastic but I found this generic metal toolbox at our local Fleet Farm.

I did paint the box as the green on it was closer to an Oliver green vs JD. Not a big deal. The installation was quite basic in that I used an existing hole on the rear frame and then similar to the extinguisher mounting, drilled a hole on the left hand side and used a #12 self tapping screw. Once it was secured to the frame, I added a rubber mat at the bottom for less rattle. I did need to add some washers/spacers on the SMV sign in order that there would be no interference with the opening and closing of the lid.

The toolbox measures 16 x 6 x 6. The main reason for the toolbox was to have a place for my chain, my Kubota tow strap and a few tools (channel locks, vice-grip, & screwdrivers).

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #5  

I dont know if you have a ballast box or not but as Don noted, we also carry our tools in PVC pipes installed in our ballast box

Attachments

• Ballast Box 7.JPG
    Ballast Box 7.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Ballast Box 6.JPG
    Ballast Box 6.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 260
   / Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #6  
Slightly bigger tractor, but this is what I have on my 790:

Plate w/ tubes for hammer & big screwdriver/prybar.

FARM 030 (Custom).jpg

Ammo box clamped to loader frame.

FARM 031 (Custom).jpg

Chain tray between grille guard uprights.

FARM 029 (Custom).jpg

Ballast box has scrap iron in it, tray about 8" down from the top is old galvanized grainery door. chainsaw sleeve on one side & tubes for axe, shovel, rake, etc. on the other side.

HPIM2242 (640x478).jpg

HPIM2246 (640x478).jpg

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #7  
I've finally started my weight.
After looking for a metal one on CL without any luck, I decided to use a barrel I had.
Ballast 2.JPGBallast 1.JPGBallast 3.JPG

I'm using 2" pipe for shovels and rakes and the 4" drain pipe for chain saws and snow shovels. I will of course cut the pipes once the cement has dried.

I'll have the cement added soon.

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #8  
The pipes work great for shovels, etc. Don't forget drain holes in the bottom so water doesn't collect. Here's mine.

Attachments

• Ballast Block-.jpg
    Ballast Block-.jpg
    895.2 KB · Views: 537
   / Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #9  
Here's one I made for my Kubota 4240.

b20-1.jpg

b21-1.jpg

b23-1.jpg

b24-1.jpg

b25-1.jpg

/ Post photos of your improvised tool box for your SCUT #10  
Here's one I made for my Kubota 4240.

:applause: WOW :applause:

That is sweet. I would be afraid to put my chain or any sharp tools inside of that fearing I might actually scratch it.

Again, very nice fabrication.