Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind

Default Re: Where to weld hook attachments on bucket

Two hooks or three hooks....who's to say which is best? It's likely one's preference and judgement call. I debated this myself when I purchased my JD 4710. I saw some merits of going with 3 hooks as opposed to 2 and what it really came down to was a personal judgement call....I went with the 2 hooks. A year later it serves my needs well enough and it's likely the 3 hooks could have satisfied me as well.

...Bob

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

Default Re: Where to weld hook attachments on bucket

I extended the 1/4" pieces to which the loader arm attach forward on the top of my bucket and welded hooks there. I'd considered going with a slip hook in the middle but when I read here about running a piece of chain between the two and running a slip hook over it I went that way. It seemed like the best of both worlds to me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12