new tractor idea possibly....

/ new tractor idea possibly....
not sure i came across RVA (rotatory vane actuator) clear back during initial first few posts of this thread. and only looked at regular hydraulic cylinders as a form of movement.

going back to a old diagram i posted clear back on this thread. of using multi small tractors, and combining them into a single larger tractor.
299343d1359027162-new-tractor-idea-possibly-boggen-new-tractor-idea48.png

brain storming lead to....
boggen elec sstt19.png
301273d1359946193-new-tractor-idea-possibly-boggen-elec-sstt19.png

game plan change WSSTT (wheeled spider snake train tractor)

the more i re-look at old diagrams, i maybe going back to the original first handful of diagrams on this thread! just taken me 5 months to get that far *doh*

side tracking once again, need to look into conveyer belts with small sized buckets bolted to the rubber. to dig into the soil, and raise it up. without trying to get the dirt to go through an auger, or through a simple belt with tread perpendicular to the belt/track. hhmmmsss that might just work, but how to get a full scoop, that does not involve pealing the dirt off, and having it forced into the bucket. vs some how driving a blade in horizontally and then lifting 12" of dirt at a time or more, straight up vertically.

Wallace Truck & Equipment
google search for "wallace rooster picker" i can only find one that is for sale and not mfg.

EDIT:
thinking along the lines of a roller cooster, or rather i should say, a "track" that causes a motion of a bucket to act either like a backhoe bucket, or a FEL bucket. were, the bucket moves in and out.

the bucket punches horizontally into the dirt, and then rotates up and out of the way, taking a bucket full of dirt, without "smashing" the dirt into the bucket causing the dirt to fold and roll inside the bucket as the bucket goes into the dirt. instead, it is a nice smooth, punch into the dirt, and lift out, and very min of cutting/shaving the dirt wall.

instead of operator moving the boom, dipstick, bucket cylinders of a backhoe, the motion would be controlled by the tracks

dirt harvester2 tracked bucket puncher.png

====================

getting back on track using RVA (rotatory vane actuators) for movement of linkages on the SSTT.

bottom plows.... ((single long picture / diagram))
boggen elec sstt20.png

Last edited:
air seeder along with disc/chisel/fertilizer injection setup.

single long picture
boggen elec sstt21.png

back at it, to look, to see how other implements might be setup. so hopefully i can come up with a common "frame" and connection points that are universal for all attachments / setups. without making to huge of compromises.

air seeder doings continued / box planter

boggen elec sstt22.png

getting things figured out slowly.

i have scribbled out rough frame for the SSTT and linkages to wheels connected to the frame. i got a little frustrated with linkage between each 10 or 15 or 20 foot section, that makes up total 60 foot width. i am needing something that allows degrees of freedom in 2 axes (cone shape) and then the 3rd axis linear motion (hyd cylinder type of action)
trying to put power to all degrees of freedom. so they can be controlled and locked. just never came up with anything yet.

i scribbled out a trailer just to set it beside the 3D scribbles of the SSTT, and it looks promising. autodesk just does not like me, and kept crashing or giving me constraint errors. when i tried to drag things around to see how everything would drive through a field.

it took me a couple days to figure out how to setup "discs" to adjust angle of the discs, but almost compact them, in such a way that it would better work for the SSTT length. i think i got general idea down, and should work pretty nicely, in the simple basic form, and could be improved upon to point of controlling angle of every single disc separately from one another. and possibly adjust depth each disc goes down as well.

last couple days been working on trying out how to deal with bottom plows. this one has been a challenge. but i think i got something finally that allows for "turn over plow" like doings, and fits within the SSTT, i just have not decided on which path i may take of 2 different ideas. though i do believe i have already chosen the path i am going to shoot for. so i can have "controlled maintenance of re-shaping a field over course of so many years, or so many passes over a field. i have not gotten to the point of putting in trip points with springs. or adding a coulter/disc to edges of cut. but so far looks promising.

=======================
with above said,

SSTT will have a 3pt hitch side (60 foot width), that will accept a combine harvester head, or will connect to a disc, plow, etc...

the other side of the SSTT (60 foot width), will be engine side, (contains fuel tank, batteries, hyd pump, generator, hyd oil coolers, radiators, etc...) this side will have a "trailer" connection. kinda like the 3pt hitch implements, that has a ball hitch, and then a pin-tail hitch combo. but would be all combined into a better universal connection setup, this universal connection, will also be on both the 8 foot ends of the SSTT. most likely this will have more of an automatic connection setup, that also always hyd oil, air, electrical, to all be connected while moving in the field.

=========================
side tracking.....

i am so tempted to look more into the post 282 idea. but going to hold off, till the current age implements are covered. or at least roughed out 3D.

==========================
side tracking.....

i am been looking at "translating" growing a seed up to a small plant at some nursery or hydroponics setup. and then physically planting the plant vs seed. to get crops in earlier, and perhaps longer growing season.

at moment i think it could be very well possible with current path i am going with SSTT. and being able to bring in trailers that have shelves upon shelves of baby plants, and be able to hook up on the fly, and put the plants right into the ground. and have it all computer driven and mechanically done. current age transplanting, of having someone physically grab a plant and drop it in a hole, is just not there, when i am looking at billions to trillions of plants going into fields.

not a whole lot of thought, but looking at a "nail gun" approach, for taking baby plants off of rows / shelves and putting them into the ground in the field. the nursery / hydroponics factory would either grow or place individual plants into some sort of trays or something, that would allow the SSTT planter portion of machine, to grab ahold of a row or tray, and punch out, grab, or other. invidiual plants. and drop them into the hole. but the entire idea, falls clear back at growing billions to trillions of seeds, in a way that would allow machinable transplanting to happen.

and i am seriously looking at taking the stalks / leaves / even the roots of a non wanted crop during harvesting of the crop. and putting the left over portions of a plant, into a wagon. so wagon can be hauled to some nursery, so left over parts can be used to help provide nutrients, for next set of seeds to be grown into baby plants for the next planting season.

==========================
getting back on track....

the main frame and wheel setup and linkages for wheels. i think will work out nicely, possibly able to get 36" diameter wheels maybe slight larger diameter wheels on it. though i have not worked all the math out yet, but i think it could work out decently, and for farmers needing the larger diameter tires, it would be extra cost for linkages but should be happy with it.

but with current looking at how "bulk material" are dealt with seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, corn grain, beans, potatoes, hay, silage, to other.... and use of trailers and dealing with how "chase" vehicles are dealt with. being able to power the wheels of the wagons / trailers, that hold the bulk material, there may not be need for larger diameter tires on the SSTT when speaking purely traction, or dealing with "hills" for like potato hills. trailers and wagons on other hand. not sure yet. for tire size. simply not there yet.

===========================
side tracking yet again....

soil sampling....
how do you handle 100's to 1,000's to millions of soil samples on the go.

i have thought about jabbing some sort of "rod" with tip of it being some sort of sensor.
i have thought about a "plug aerator" for like a lawn.
i have thought about using a vacuum, to suck portions of dirt here and there of tilled up dirt.
really have not figured this one out yet,

figure once dirt sample was obtained, perhaps feeding the dirt through water, and a pump or rather make that a blender (much like you have a blender in your kitchen type of blender) and break down the soil into small particles, and then send through some sort of "centrifuge" that deals with RPM's of water rotating around inside of a pipe, and dwell time (how long soil particles / water are held within it), and simply weighing or measuring were particles even out at. to perhaps some sort of laser and optical sensor on various sides, to get idea of how many particles per amount of water there is. ((parts per thousand, parts per million, etc....))

thought about various sensors used in koi to gold fish ponds, to swimming pools, and how various parameters of water can be tested against. truly i think it could be possible to get a fair amount of soil properties, on the fly, every foot or so. and be able to get enough info quickly enough, that by the time the planter or fertilizer or pesticide comes by that given area were sample was taken, that an on demand mix and match seed and fertilizer and pesticide could be placed.

================
================

holding off of pictures for now... as i think i may want to drive towards, a full concept showing, that i am hoping drives the overall idea much better. and hopefully brake away from current age tractors and implement setups.

*ughs* been trying to look at all the various "harvesting" and threshing, etc... of getting the wanted part of crop removed from plant. and dealing with "hills" and keeping sieves to paddles, to even flow across everything. and more so "level flow" and then the multi options of changing things in out for different crops within the thresher area. dealing with downed crop from wind to animals nocking crop down. dealing with different types of crops from plants, to root base crops.

i am most likely going to need to change the direction. in how crops feed through say a combine for field corn, wheat, etc... and see about mutli "feeder boxes / housings" i am afraid if i go with more of a straight up vertical lift feeder housing, to bring crop up to the top, and let crop work its way down. that there would be greater lose / damage in the feeder housing, if using paddled conveyer belt.

if i used auger base style of transportation of wheat, corn ears, potatoes, hhmmmssss

i want to raise MPH (mile per hour) in the field for harvesting. so bottle necks are going to be from feeder housing and then threshing. and then needing to keep things level

i can use vibrational shifting back and forth sieves. go with wedge wire sieves, and go for more of a angled attack / flow. could go with cyclone / whirl pool effect using air instead of water. i guess like them cyclone vacuums out there on the market were crud is trapped.

hhhmmssss..... so what are the sections that i want universal connections...

ok do i want the "threshing" for say corn / wheat / beans. to be placed on the SSTT. do i just want to take say a fork lift, pick up the threshing unit, and set it on top off the SSTT main frame. or do i want to say treat the thresher, like a set of discs or plows, chisels. were linkage arms just fold the threshing portion up on top of the SSTT. as if folding up discs, plows, etc... for transportation mode. then

eewwww more universal connection points.. more so quick attach doings.... i suppose if i stay with linkage arms for like plow/chisel/disc/planters/ seeders. all the electrical, hydrualic, air, and physical connections would be there.

but the issue comes in, needing to deal with the combine header, feeder hosing. and needing linkages for them. actually, that might work... using a second set of motors. ya.... that could work out hhmmsss... keeping ground contact at the header and flexabilty.... well....rely back on the SSTT main frame.

hhhmmsss what about out feeds, conveyer belts to augers... for both wanted portion of crop, and left overs, leaves, stems, roots that are not wanted.

if i say take two or 3 current age combines, removed, cab, removed the hopper (temporary holder of grain), wheels, engine, fuel tank. all i have left is header, feeder house, thresher, auger, and left over control.
---ONE 60 foot long,
---or split up in to TWO 30 foot long sections,
---or THREE 20 foot sections,
---or FOUR 15 foot sections.
i have 8 feet width, by 10 feet high approx for each section.

1 single long thresher.... bring crop from multi feeder housing boxes... would most likely mean a conveyer belt going entire length of the SSTT or near to that. and then on given end, crop getting feed into a thresher, that could extend clear across the SSTT main frame of 60 feet. the issue is bottle necking. limited by width of the thresher of 8 feet. minus a few inches here and there.

if i went with 2 threshers. well hmmsss.... there is going to be a min of 3 sections of the main frame for the SSTT. each being 20 foot long. maybe 4 sections each 15 long (not sure yet) i suppose it would make sense to go with more of a multi thresher setup. more complex due to all the extra threshers, but.... being able to reach higher MPH...in field, each thresher would end up seeing more crop. the only issue then would be needing augers or conveyer belts. to deal with the final output... of both wanted part of crop, and then the left over leaves, stems, roots that are not wanted....

i suppose the threshers initially could be made smaller, they would not be able to handle higher MPH in the field. but could be cheaper, and then upgrading to threshers that were larger and better geared for high mph in the field. smaller size threshers would more likely be easier to adjust level, both front and back, and left to right. and more likely be able to follow the contours (hills/slopes) better. multi threshers running at different speeds, to handle different areas of the field, that have grown a more denser crop, vs areas beside that will more likely have a less denser plant growth / crop.

i guess the only major portion that would need leveling would be screens themselves. hhmmsss

upside down....cone shaped cyclones....with cones inside of cones, of different mesh sizes. and beaters that run between the cone shaped screens.

================
================
================
side tracking....

tempted to run 3000 to 5000 PSI, from main hyd motor. and then use regulators. in different places. to produce a more guaranteed hyd pressure in the 1000 to 3000PSI range that go to various cylinders and hyd motors, and actuators.... perhaps allowing for a more balanced flow throughout the entire setup.

================

if i went with approach of silage / corn. and cut the corn stalk right off at ground, and brought the entire corn stalk, leaves, and ear of corn up into the machine, and then separated, the stalk, leaves, from ear of corn, then went a tad further separating kernels of corn from cob perhaps... and then outputted, stalk/leaves to one wagon, kernels to another wagon, and cob to another wagon....

say.. 2 outside units proccessed entire stalk, leaves, and ear of corn. and the ear of corn went to center unit that removed kernals from cob.... the 2 outside units would cut the stalks/leaves down to desired wanted length. perhaps center unit cut the cob up in smaller chunks to allow more cobs to fit in same size wagon.

================
what about soy beans and wheat.... smaller grains, might be better off, with 3 thresher units. to allow for higher MPH in field.

if i went with potatoes.... i would need to lift potatoes up and out of the ground, and shake the dirt off. and then get them on a conveyer belt on SSTT or i guess multi conveyer belts. to control which direction potatoes went, and to which wagon they went. perhaps. even install sizing and shape sorting directly on the SSTT. as first process control. to better utilize how many potatoes fit in different size wagons...

=================
arghs... bed formers / shapers to make hills.... current age, ya got this good old size tractor out in front, a tiller, and then some metal. that squeezes and shapes the dirt to form a wanted hill shape. both width and height, and controlling the angle of the sides, and curve / flatness of the top of the hill being made....

i am not really seeing any sort of "proactive" use of any sort of "buffers", or pads. that might be found in clay and arts and crafts, to wood working to other. were sanding and buffing are done to sides and top. if i am running out of traction (wheels are slipping in the mud), then you have HP (horse power), left to do something with. how about reducing amount of traction needed, but how beds are formed.

i am not seeing a more multi row, bed shaping and plastic lay down or flipping plastic from black side to white side and vice vs.

i am still not finding any good "transplanting" setups that are setup for machine planting vs physically hand planting...

i am still seeing a whole bunch of "customized" harvesters for a specific crop type, but pretty much every single harvester has same build and how it works....

====================
think i am more towards multi thresher setup. to cover a wider range of overall crops, with limited amount of change to basic components for different crops.

====================
how do i store the header, example, soybean combine header, corn combine header, etc.... been thinking about using a set of "tracks" that raise the entire header straight up. and then tracks do a 90 on top, and bring the header back over top of the SSTT. or do i try and use linkages, hydraulic cylinders, an rotatory actuators, to grab a hold of a header, raise it off the ground some, hyd cylinders contract bringing it closer to the SSTT main frame, and then do a controlled rotation and lift. so header can be stored on top of the SSTT during transporting.

the header is going to need to "flex" with the SSTT main frame, say 10 to 15 degrees.

*shakes head* need to get out of current age setups... if i fix the header to the feeder box, and allowed the feeder box to fold up into the side of the SSTT and route the threshers around the feeder box. that would pop that header right on top. i suppose i could split the feeder box up into 2 sections. well hhmmmsss how would that work...

perhaps inserting the connection point of feeder box more towards center of the SSTT, and split the feeder box / housing into 2 pieces. or rather make that 2 conveyer belts. well i guess there would be a top and bottom conveyer belt. for a set of 2 conveyer belts.

so were would i insert a rotational axis. to allow the header to flex and follow the ground, while the feeder box / housing is more fixed position... the wheels of the SSTT have 1 axis of freedom. combined overall wheels 2 axis of freedom for leveling.... so perhaps going with 2 rotational places on the feeder box....

header -> rotational axis -> feeder box (2 conveyer belts, one bottom one top, to sandwich the crop), then another rotational axis, then another feeder box (same as first), then connection to the SSTT, or rather make that some place near the top of the thresher...

taking above and building...

header -> rotational axis -> feeder box -> rotational axis -> ((physical seperate split)), that allows folding -> feeder box -> connection near top of thresher...

bah gets more complex than that....

the rotational axis, does not really need to be "powered" via electrical motor, hyd motor, hyd cylinder, rotatory vane actuator, all it needs is a limited degrees of rotation. well take that back....

i need to "mis align" the 2 feeder boxes. or rather make that allow for the conveyer belt sets to become mis-aligned. so basiclly, all i would need to do is change the angle that rollers/sprockets that the conveyer belts run on. actually perhaps i do not need to run 4 sets of conveyer belts / 2 feeder boxes. but keep with a single feeder box. but mid way allow the conveyer belt to "twist" on purpose, were 2 rollers/sprockets are right next to each other. i guess that would be simple enough. some springs or perhaps even smallish hydraulic cylinders. 2 sets of 2. 1 set per side. well actually it would be a single full set of 4, and running the hyd cylinders in a series,..... i guess parallel could work better, and provide extra torque / force.

==================
alright. so how do i get the feeder box / house to fold....

i am not to eager to place larger diameter sprockets, just to be able to insert some rotatory vane actuator. anything that allows folding needs to be done on the outside errr make that along the sides of the conveyer belts.

so how do i place hyd cylinders or like... i guess, extend frame out that holds the rollers/sprockets. and come off of it with some ear tabs, if i use the "mis-aligned" conveyer belt area for rotational axis, as the hinge point. there would already be rollers to keep the conveyer belt aligned. and could double purpose those rollers to keep conveyer belts from loosing up to much and coming off of the sprockets. but....how do i allow for the lower conveyer belt, to stretch. or would there be... i would need to add most likely a hydraulic cylinder as the conveyer belt tensioners. vs just using a spring, threaded rod, and an adjustable nut.

====================
so how do i handle the rotational axis between the header and conveyer belt. along with tilt, the header for lack of better statement, would be a "heavy duty bucket" on a FEL (front end loader).

getting brain fried... posting this brain storm session before i loose it.

my brain went to mush from last post, and has not recovered. i look at autodesk, and this thread, and even think, and just silence....

i need a way, that will allow crop to gain a certain velocity (think MPH miles per hour), so the crop does not go "smashing" into the header or rather make that onto conveyer belts and augers. i need a way that allows the crop to also take sudden direction in change, without damage to the crop. think doing 55MPH and trying to take a sharp 90 degree turn. you would roll your car / truck or go skidding across the road. but for crop, it would go smashing into a concrete wall and get smashed, when trying to take the 90 degree turn, when it moves from one conveyer belt to another, or from one auger to another auger...

i need a soft touch handling of the crop, as it gets harvested, to point of loading it in a wagon to be hauled off away from the field.

so how is that achieved? by default, various crops are going to be more likely to bruise or get cut, or smash into pieces. while other crop types have a tough shell, say field corn for example. that can withstand more abuse perhaps. before each individual kernel starts getting damaged.

for crop types that are easier to bruise / cut / smash. slower harvesting speeds maybe only way around things, until there is a better sensors and robotic arms can be had, on a header for a harvester such as combine. and until then, only way to remove more crop quicker, is simply making the header longer. but still keep the SSTT at the same speed / MPH (miles per hour) in the field.

================
starting to understand why i held off from trying to figure out how a harvester would fit into everything. and reason why so many different harvesters out there, geared more to each individual crop type.

=================
i wonder if i used a combination vacuum (suction), and conveyer belts or augers), as a way to create kinda of an "air bag" or cushion. or possibly adding blown air as a way to help act like a cushion. for sudden changes in directions. ((there is no "gravity floors material, like in star trek yet...)) and not about to haul water or a liquid. some i am left with springs and some mechanical setup, to rubber needles / fingers, to air.

================
starting to think, i maybe trying to push things to far, for an "all in one" setup. that you swap implements in and out. for all stages of dealing with a field (tillage, planting, harvesting).

i think most of it comes down to, i am getting so past my area of physical actual experience, and actually trying different test setup experiments to see what happens for this or that. along with some sort of variables of max pressures / max velocities a crop type could take before damaged occurred to the given crop.

hhhmmsss....
================
say i forget trying to turn the SSTT into a combine / harvesting machine for multi crops, and just stayed with, tillage and planting. i do not see why i could not simply, toss a container/s on top of the SSTT. and use it as a chase vehicle / wagon, during harvesting. it would be simple enough to do so, it would be just like hooking up a plow, disc, planter, etc... but in this case, it would be some sheet metal in form of a box, that would set on top of the SSTT main frame. and SSTT would already be setup for low ground speeds in a field, and higher transport speeds on the road. to move crop from field to perhaps a near by storage area. and SSTT would already have field tires (R1 like tires), heck the SSTT could have a set of tires just for "transport mode" and on the road, to reduce wear on AG / R1 field tires.

tossing a conveyer belt, augers, would not be that bad, adding a dump from side to side, or to one of the 8 foot wide ends, would not be that hard either. and control for how fast everything moved for conveyer belts / augers, would not be as critical, due to unloading the box on the SSTT = SSTT for most part standing dead in its tracks.

i guess tires could even be matched to rows in field, to help reduce, stems from crop damaging tires more, when SSTT is turned into a wagon. heck, SSTT is already built with a suspension per say, that allows entire main frame to tilt side to side. and to some degree lower or raise up a few inches. that may make it more promising during harvest time, and dealing with crops that are more likely to bruise / smash / get cut up. and in that during loading / unloading the SSTT.

not wanting to bow out from setting up a harvesting crop directly onto the SSTT. but to put foot forward, and get things rolling per say. it looking like direction i am going to go. and then once SSTT gets out there for tillage / planting, put money back into SSTT, to see about a more universal harvesting machine.

=================
if i do above, it would dramatically change, concept though. in how the SSTT is used. for say a wagon full of seed, for an air seeder, or hooking up wagons / tanks with fertilizer / pesticides / etc.... i was wanting to place more towards combination of specialized wagons / trailers. that could serve multi duty. throughout the entire doings of tilling / planting / and harvesting. and more to the point, trying to help offset cost, of the more complex connection points, and dealing with wheel motors, for the wagons / tanks for the seed / fertilizer / pesticides.

well... take above back.... i have not really looked at "transplanting", instead of putting in seed into a field, having a seed, grown at some nursery, to say 1 to 6 inches tall. and then put millions of plants into the field, vs seeds. that may actually go over better with the SSTT, and more specialized connections and wheel motors.

================
think that is direction i am going to look more into. transplanting. and what maybe involved in more detail. before putting foot down completely, on actually trying to finalize the SSTT overall setup and running actual numbers. along with, looking more into the "dirt harvester" thing. for better tillage and planting possibly. also need to cover, hay square bails, and round bails. (why not) either at creating bails, or simply using SSTT as a wagon. along with cutting / windrow hay. the more i can completely take over, what a current age tractor can do. the better, the way i see it. since the SSTT for most part would be taking spot of the larger ag tractors out there, in the arsenal of machinery, a farmer uses.

*rubs chin* log skidding / trailer / wagon, perhaps. why not, it would have tires than can be controlled to move up and down independently. might work to get around some logs and like in forestry settings. granted that is out my scoop of knowledge / experience.

off to autodesk...

attached picture....

the main frame of the SSTT this is FOUR 15 foot section version, that i have been considering over THREE 20 foot section setup.

disc, that can adjusted to any "angle" wanted. i kinda butchered the disc pretty good, so i could approximately space the discs, to line up with edges of individual bottom plow beside it. i tried other ways to "angle" the discs. but every time i did, i ended up not finding enough room to fold things up.

bottom plow, from the first post i noted, i simply was not real eager to follow current age bottom plows, to turn over plows. i need something to fold up better. i needed to make 2 sets of bottom plows, so you could do a 180 at end of field, and switch over to the other set / row to keep all the furrows going in same direction. not my best work for "trip plow" so if a bottom plow snagged a rock or root or something else, the plow would flip back, but at this point was more focused to see if a bottom plow like this setup could possibly work.

i tried to make a FEL (front end loader) heavy duty bucket. to try and describe the bottom plows, and how they work, but how i was going to explain things has done left the building.

i tried making some sort of "hay rake" along with some sort of multi blade bush hog, to deal with hay, to try and see how things might line up. and overlap one another to perhaps save on cost and keep things more simpler.

decided to toss a few boxes on SSTT, just to see what it might look like. and figure out how much space i had.

hopefully as more things get figured out, better detail will be done to move things more closer to a finalized rough draft of things.

boggen elec sstt23.png

have not done a lot.

decided to try turning SSTT into a spray rig.

15 foot lengths per section 4 total sections for 60 foot lengths, and then another 60 foot each side booms, for 180 feet wide spray.

and then i got myself in trouble...

the 60 footer swing outs, when folded up, would tear themselves apart as they went into linkages for the wheels.

tried, mounting a couple tanks, and fold out 15 footer booms, and there all catching up were the sections rotate to allow for hills within the field.

overall, i think it could very well be possible. little tilt there, little longer there for over lap for the 15 footer booms.

ideas of how to make more of a universial connections. for sprayers, to wagons (box wagon), to trailer flat bed tops. is finally starting to hit me.

boggen elec sstt24.png