new tractor idea possibly....

/ new tractor idea possibly....
side tracking for a moment....

magnetic gearing vs gears or hydrualic fluid
Magnetic Couplings & Gearing - MGT HDV.mpg - YouTube

another magnetic gearing from different manufacture.
MAGNOMATICS' MAGNETIC GEAR AND PDD® MOTOR/GENERATOR - YouTube

it makes sense, just how well efficiency actually is.... and how much weight / amount of magnets to bring up that efficiency.

not sure what video above goes with below website, website gives a good amount of extra live rear world examples of what they have tried.
MGT - Magnetic Gearing & Turbine Corp: World Leader in Magnetic Gearing Technology

presentation slide show type of pdf file.
http://www.terramagnetica.com/papers/hatch-permanent-magnet-gears.pdf

===============
===============
getting back on track...

FairDiesel Limited received email back. that there current engine setup, should be possible to fit with what i want. but, there not in production point of yet. so what do i do? it would be nice to approach the bigger tractor manufactures and say hey, i need help, this is what i need. and yada yada yada.... but not sure how to approach and deal with problem at hand. at moment it is kinda like what comes first (chicken or the egg). for engine folks, due they just build something, and then let everyone build around the engine, or due build the item what ever it maybe, and find an engine that meets requirements. or rather hopefully get a complete mix of working back and forth.

Engine Technology, Vehicle, Marine, Light Aircraft, Multi Fuel
to many posts to look back when i emailed them. to find out specs. and they noted they were getting things ready in production or something...and really did not get any sort of information. and then checking out there website yesterday, they have updated there website with dimensions, graphs, and then i see below statement on there website....
Duke Engines is looking for international co development and licensing partners for its range of unique axial engines.
will wait before emailing them again. till i take some more time trying to search down other engines out there already.

not sure what this is about, there was mention of turning one into an engine.
Cylindrical Energy Module (from Internet Glossary of Pumps)

possible alternative to dukeengines or fairdiesel, and first mention that i can remember of agriculture in application notations.
S-RAM Dynamics
================
================
steam engine, but a wide amount of videos showing a rotatory style engine.
Green Steam Engine Home Page

================
found a "web ring" for mazda rotatory engines. giving links to various companies.
Mazda Rotary
on one of the sites of the web ring, came across, Craig's Rotary Page: John Deere Rotary Engines "John Deere" building a wankle / rotatory engine. back in the 1990's it is not much, but something.

that data of webring, and websites i saw, go back to 2004 to 2007. and did not see much of an update across websites. guessing someone went around trying to find businesses or like and created the webring.

http://www.rotarytop150.com/ another source... for companies / folks dealing with wankle / rotary engines.

mazdarotaryclub.com forum seems to have a good amount of posts.

Aircraft Rotary Engine News Letter good amount of pictures and graphs, and various engines. granted no physical dimensions, but pictures help protray a engine type that should fit the SSTT (sideways snake train tractor)

finally found dimensions and descent explanation of them dimensions of a rotatory engine.
How much does an RX8 Engine Weigh? - RX8Club.com
21 inches long x 17 inches high 12 inches wide.
================
================

areas of other forums, (when going back to there older threads) covering a wider amount of engine types and what ever may be the latest greatest thing out there.
Firewall Forward / Props / Fuel system
Propulsion - Boat Design Forums
===============
===============

with limitations of what is currently out there (engines producing X amount of HP), and there length, width, height dimensions. it is looking more like i maybe. going with more of a "multi engine" setup. every 15 footer section. would have its own engine, generator, hyd pump, fuel tank, radiators, etc.... vs staying with a single larger engine that drives 3 to 4 sections.

it has its con's and the pro's... from 3 to 4 engines vs 1 bigger engine...
more engines
--more things that could go wrong and most likely fail.
--backup, if one engine goes down, another engine to pickup its area,
--ability to have say 15 to 20 foot section that has its own power on smaller fields. and then being able to hook a few of them up for larger fields.
--always seems a single larger engine is more fuel efficient than a bunch of smaller engines. when speaking pure amount of fuel consumed vs HP created.
--i suppose a farmer could mix and match to some degree between "powered sections" vs non powered sections. and mix and match for implement that will be in the field.
--multiple engines setup, would allow one smaller engine to run full on right at its BEP (best efficient point), and then as needed turn on another engine, to gain what ever extra HP was needed for task at hand.
--multiple smaller engines, would not require a "engine swap" from 600HP engine to say 150HP engine. you would simple mix and match "powered sections" with non powered sections.
--might provoke a "mass production" and in that saving more on cost of parts and like. due to multi engines, etc... being duplicated over and over again on each section.
--major con, most likely is additional weight.
--major con, maintenance nightmare, each section would need to be serviced individually. PLUS SIDE, if one engine / section goes down for what ever reason, and if there are enough powered engines connected for what ever ya doing in field. you could keep on going. if you were preping a week or a couple days before hand trying to get ready for fields to be just right. and find a problem, you could pull that section out, and still have other sections to at least get ya going in the field, until repair tech gets out there or part arrives or the like.
--non power section, might have extra fuel tank/s, or perhaps gutted out, to allow for some sort of "grain wagon" were grain comes out of middle bottom of the frame. pulling grain around does not require a whole lot of HP, compared to say a tiller (tines) / rotatory cultivator. or a bottom plow.

major issue, i would need to create a better "quick connect" per say between sections. vs relying on bolts/nuts or even welding stuff directly into place. so a single person could control multi sections as one large setup. and/or each section was independent of each other, and operated more like controlled traffic in the field. were drone tractor follows a lead tractor.

i am still gun ho, of trying to maximize 60 feet. to deal with road laws. and dealing with the SSTT needing to flex within the field to deal with slopes/hills. and dealing with wet spots, and wanting multi sections connected together to possibly keep more wheels on dryer dirt to pull/push the SSTT through. along with multi sections connected together to get down the road.

===============
recap....
engine threads i have created
trying to find a engine that will fit some dimensions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
trying to find an engine to fit some dimensions.
looking for an eninge that will fit some dimensions - Boat Design Forums

getting side tracked by below couple threads.... go with the flow....

What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?
Viewing a thread - What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?

What to Say to Deere's Tractor Engineers - Thank you!
Viewing a thread - What to Say to Deere's Tractor Engineers - Thank you!

==============
in order to try and wrap up anything goes for engine search. and begin focusing on narrowing down the list.... going to finish out the few other engines i found...

it is a barrel / swash plate / wobble plate per say. but the pistons are rectangle shape. vs cylinder shape. it is a possibility. though i gotta question 4 seals that would be needed around each piston, and how long before wear and tear on the pistons deteriorates enough to really cause performance to go down quickly. and wondering what might happen to the pistons, if the engine "stalls" due to trying to overcome to much torque. along with if the pistons can withstand the constant beating / vibration from the 4 stages, of air intake, compression, explosion, exhaust, over a long term doings as in years. i would imagine the pistons could be made decently enough to last a handful of years, but say 7 years even 10 years? i honestly don't know, to much math, and material properties, and ways something could be manufactured / made. and most of which would most likely come from a specialized select group of folks.
Reg Technologies Inc.

to be honest not sure what to make of this engine. i see a lot of parts, that have "curved" edges that someone would follow or slide on, a wobble/swash plate kinda thing. but not sure how it works. the need for a simple animated diagram would help understand how the engine operates.
NEVIS Engine Company - Breakthrough Engine Nearly Doubling Fuel Effeciency

to be honest i originally passed up on this engine type/style many times. but seeing below page, help push things through. the issue i do have with this engine is the "casing" halves. and trying to hold back the pressure from the explosion, and not getting "leaks" and trying to micro manage how much torque each and every bolt got for the 2 casing halves. to make sure a perfect seal happen. and then making sure that all the bolts stayed at same torque (not loosening or tightening) over a longer period of time. other wise i do like the engine, variable air intake / compression, the external compression chamber, and then controled point of were explosion happen all looks good. but that "small wheel with grove cut in it, to let piston spin around". that wheel also has me, and pressure causing that wheel to become "warped" and to vibrate. ya i am sure someone could make it X thick, to beef up this grooved wheel. but don't know. past my knowledge.
Roundengine: How it Works

it would seem to be a wankle engine manufacture alternative to the mazda wankle engine. though do not quote me on that.
Welcome to FREEDOM MOTORS

from reading, it looks like another barrel / swash plate / wobble plate engine. but there is only a single huge piston in the center. vs multi pistons in more of a barrel engine. if i got that right, not sure about it. i guess it might work kinda like a "double acting hydrualic cylinder" it might have promise. if everything was worked out. but that large mass of metal going back and forth. it just sounds like a "vibration machine" waiting to happen. granted vibration most likely be reduced a good amount. but not sure if the overall mass could ever be compensated for.
Reinventing the engine; Redmond inventor's efficient design could have wide-ranging effects | | The Bulletin

not to sure about idea, turning piston into a cork screw pipe. it might have promise, but information is lacking, to make it useable.
Green Car Congress: Results Of MUSIC Engine In-Vehicle Demonstration To Be Presented 17 December

see comments more of "cat and mouse engine" the engine makes sense. but for what ever reason, i want to back away from the engine. it looks like it is going into production, or is in production. but not sure at this point. the whole piston thing, and keeping the pistons from wanting to twist back and forth, between the 4 stages... and long term life span of the engine. perhaps it is just me. and i simply do not understand.
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Massive_Yet_Tiny_(MYT)_Engine

there was other engine, that got lost some place along the line for a link....
--one of them had a "free piston" that bounced back and forth in a tube. the middle section of piston was magnets, and middle portion of the cylinders was coils of wires. basically it was a direct piston movement generator i guess you could call it. though i frankly dismissed the idea. due to creating a "vibration" machine. and possibility of something going wrong, and a piston slamming into either end of cylinder housing, and piston turning into a bullet shooting out of the engine. good concept, wish i had the link... but then again vibration machine might not be. if compression was happening to kinda act like an air bag cushion.
--really wish i had the link now...

==================
==================
found most engines at.... (directly listing of various new tech engines out there in development)
http://peswiki.com/energy/Directory:Engines

==================
==================
if i had to choose engine right here today, it would most likely be a mazda wankle engine. and most likely entire engine dropped into the SSTT. with exception of muffler, air intake filters, and general plumbing of coolant (antifreeze/water mix), and engine oil locations moved about some to make it more feasible to actually work on within the SSTT, and to better fit the overall SSTT frame work. i would assume any problems a mazda wankle engine has now, would carry right on over. maybe fixing one thing, but another thing showing its ugly rear. i am guessing most of any additional problems would creep up in the electronic air injection system, and fuel injection system. and trying to tie it into everything else.

looking at a SBC (small block chevy) 350. the dimensions just to tall. at moment it is on the bottom of the list. and most likely would prefer to put cash towards some new tech engine that does not have a track record, vs trying to deal with a generic piston/cylinder engine like a SBC 350, and the height they would need, and problems that would result of that height.

below three....
Engine Technology, Vehicle, Marine, Light Aircraft, Multi Fuel
FairDiesel Limited
S-RAM Dynamics
the way SSTT is currently setup. has plenty of length, but small width and height for an engine. the current dukeengines setup might be best choice. playing around in autodesk inventor, and trying to find physical room to route, exhaust pipes, and air intake pipe work. and simply not enough room to route them past the engine. ya it could be done. but it looking pretty ugly and so cramped. that heat build up, would most likely cause a bunch of other problems. the current dukeengine, with exhaust / air intake only on one side. and to the point same side. might be a better overall option for SSTT. and being able to use up total 20x20 for the pistons/cylinders and not have to make them smaller to allow for air intake / exhaust.

The Doyle Rotary Engine
engine size would fit the SSTT. but the entire outer mass rotating has me concerned. way to much garbage (leaves, steams, etc...) that could fly up between this outer drum of pistons per say. and get stuck between it and the frame work, and start a fire. if the outer drum of pistons was held stationary. and only the center rotated. this engine could be a good possibility for the SSTT.

Cylindrical Energy Module (from Internet Glossary of Pumps)
might be something, but at moment, i am having second thoughts over it, vs other engines noted above.

below 2....
Reg Technologies Inc.
NEVIS Engine Company - Breakthrough Engine Nearly Doubling Fuel Effeciency
possibility, for the SSTT.

Reg Technologies Inc.
no idea about this engine. looks like a lot of work to route exhaust and air intake around the engine. if i am guessing what is inlet/outlet ports on the engine.

============
head is starting to spin... information overload, and trying to visualize things quickly in my head vs actually taking time in autodesk inventor to see things. time to post and let things soak for a bit to maybe narrow things down a bit more. granted at this point i doubt i will be able to make final selection and needing folks more up to par with various engines speak up. and until that point, only narrowing down approx engine HP, and approx dimensions, approx CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air intake and exhaust to deal with air filters, and exhaust pipe sizing.

at least now i know engine size can be meet without any major changes to the frame work for the SSTT (sideways snake train tractor) though finding locations to check oil, fill oil tanks, or coolant tank or like, still needs to be dealt with.

alright time to make spread sheet it would seem of specs.

/ new tractor idea possibly.... #333  
Ryan The Mazda or Wankle engine I don't if over come . But running in Arizona or N. Mexico dust the seals went quickly. scouring the cylinders.

There is a light air cooled engine Farmers use to pump water. and seem to run all summer with good results. low fuel consumption also.
Duetz engine made in Europe.
If the equipment is hard to work on or takes special tool or methods to repair sure would be hard to sell to a farmer.

Keep thinking and writing and a lot of the experimental engines never leave the drawing room.
ken

/ new tractor idea possibly.... #334  
Hard to beat the durability and fuel consumption of a diesel coupled to electric generator... Or hydro pump.

still not happy about an engine....and the search began again....

came across...."free piston linear generator engine" say that 10 times fast....
and begin typing up ramblings. and then soon realized it was approaching 15 to 20 printed pages in length. as i attempted to figure out what i was looking for in a free piston linear generator engine.

===========
i am seeing a lot more Pro's than any engine so far....
--ability to have say 15:1 air compression in a .5 cubic inch of air space, or have 15:1 air compression in a 3 cubic inch of air space. when piston reaches TDC (top dead center)
--ability to have different stroke lengths, from either say 2" to 20" completely variable.
--ability to possible deal with engine knock, or even cause engine knock on purpose, and controlling everything via the linear generator.
--ability to remove some of the odd ball stuff of converting linear motion of a piston, to rotation motion. and then into electrical. it is straight linear motion of piston to straight electrical generation. no extra bearings, or anything.
--ability to have "magnetic" like bearings. to keep the piston for most part completely self centered within the cylinder. possibly reducing complete contact of piston and piston seals touching the cylinder walls.
--ability to "spin" the piston so what vibrations that do enter the piston. might be able to wobble itself out or possibly be able to better deflect a vibration coming in from air/fuel combustion and/or compression due the centrifugal forces of the spinning piston.
--ability to use multi fuel types, if not mixing different fuel types on demand and at different ratios in the some combustion cycle or different cycles of combustion.

===========
some of the tougher things for me, that took a while to think about and jump the gap between current age engines to these free piston linear generator engines.
--has been how to keep these pistons from turning into a bullet and shooting out the end of the cylinders.
--dealing with "vibrations" and theoretically as one website put it. and completely canceling out the vibrations.
--getting over the idea... that i was just dealing with an engine, and then a generator slapped to the drive shaft and treating each one separately. but rather needing to come to realization. that both combustion area and linear generator was a single unit. and the linear generator was a "real time sensor" and the linear generator could easily become a electrical actuator as well if not perhaps generating power in one spot and becoming an electrical actuator in another spot. ya.... it gets a little complicated. once ya dive into the electronics part of it.
--how to wrap wires around the piston for the linear generator, and reduce vibrations in 2 areas. one down the length of the piston. but also the spinning of the piston.

===========
do i go with a....
==1 cylinder, 1 piston, 1 combustion area
==1 cylinder, 2 pistons, 1 combustion area
==1 cylinder, 2 pistons, 2 combustion areas
==2 cylinders, 2 pistons, 1 combustion areas
==2 cylinders, 2 pistons, 2 combustion areas
==2 cylinders, 2 pistons, 3 combustion areas
==2 cylinders, 2 pistons, 4 combustion areas

ya a lot of choices...
1 cylinder, 2 pistons, 1 combustion area ((currently in favor of))
--the combustion area would be in the middle. and when air/fuel explode, each piston would be sent in opposite directions. hopefully canceling out vibrations.
--i should be able to tie both linear generators together (1 on each side of the combustion area) and control which way an explosion happens, and at same time if one linear generator go down, perhaps have enough fail safe. to keep one or both pistons from shooting out the ends of the cylinders.
--each piston would move half the distance. vs going with a single piston and same air/fuel mixture and compression ratio.
--not to sure about this one. creating a "vortex" or whirl pool or maybe better stated a tornado like air stream within side the cylinder and between the pistons in the center. to obtain better air mixing with fuel, and possibly heating up the intake air with hotter areas in cylinder to pre heat the air. if not possibly mixing intake air with some hotter exhaust air.
--not sure as of yet, 2 stroke or 4 stroke. which ever may be the case (other words both can happen at different power requirements for example or heat up or cool down cycles for the engine) the combustion pushes the pistons apart. and then the linear generator turns into electrical actuators to bring the pistons back together in the center.

the only issue with the above setup. is routing the stinking exhaust and intake air. so i have room to place a muffler and air filters. if that is not able to be solved then more likely looking at....
two of these...
==1 cylinder, 1 piston, 1 combustion area
that are back to back. (linear generators touch each other) but nothing is actually physically connected. beyond electrical wires.

=========
what has me some what discouraged....
--not seeing regular engine oil or like. being put into some of these "free piston linear generator engines" and using the oil to help get a better seal between piston and cylinder walls. granted the linear generator would act more like a magnetic bearing. and keep piston for most part dead center in the cylinder. but... the blow by of combustion and compression of air...
--not sure about... if not oil above. due i take coolant (water/antifreeze mix) and inject it near the linear generator of the piston. in attempt to cool down the piston, and try to keep more heat being transferred down to were the permanent magnets would be. (hot magnets = loosing magnetic forces, has me a tad worried) tempted to cut in kinda like a squirrel cage pattern into the piston. to create kinda of a turbine fan blade. and then shoot coolant across the blade to "control" spinning of the piston to some degree, and at same time cool the piston/s

--what i keep seeing as "air scavenging" and/or needing a turbocharger and/or supercharger or all 3. that whole compression of air. getting a tad to complex to visualize it all in my head.

==========
kinda encouraged being able to possibly stack 2,3,4,5 of ((1 cylinder, 2 pistons, 1 combustion area )) into a 20 inch x 20 inch area possibly. and each setup is completely and fully independent of each other. kinda like having 5 small engines, that can be electrical combined into a single large engine. ((ya i know, computer chip challenged, it is))

==========
i came across a few notes of "Bill Gates" from Microsoft, that lead me to a few patents, that are in his name and from looks most if not all the combinations are under his name for "free piston linear generator engine". along with some other engines in experimental doings. almost looks like he went on a spur, and funded a few different engine types within a short range each other being funded. though have not went that far to try and follow money trail. to see if common setup is going or if these are shared ventures in the various engines.

===========
===========
bunch of links. (turning into a click fest) so no order to them....
Mazda RX7 | Owners, Parts, Repair, Performance, Mods, Wheels - RX7Club.com wankle engine mazda forum

went on a search of trying to find a database of engines.... came across these sites...
NAFTA Diesel Engine Production Database - Research and Markets
Engine Certification Data | Heavy Trucks, Buses, and Engines | US EPA
Buy or Sell your Diesel Engine - diesel engine motor.com
List of aircraft engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exhaust pulse pressure charging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pressure wave supercharger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
40 Years In The Desert: Revolutionary Aero Engine Concepts
Wave Rotor Projects
Homogeneous charge compression ignition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i gotta call out below 2 links. lots of animations for different pumps ((CLICK ON STATIC IMAGES TO SEE ANIMATION))
Centrifugal, Vane, Lobe, and Other Pumps Animations
Fluid Flow Control Animations by Liquid Dynamics
Pump Types Guide - Find the right pump for the job (more pump types)

links to free piston engines (not always a linear generator attached)
PAT2PDF - Free PDF copies of patents: Download and print! (hopefully it shows up had some problems, i think this shows all the diagrams for the Bill Gates patent for free piston linear generator engines.)
Free Piston Power Home
10/2/11 - 10/9/11
Physics Lab Equipment Instruments Suppliers Exporter Manufacturers India | J.S. Exports
ScienceDirect.com - Applied Energy - Numerical analysis of two-stroke free piston engine operating on HCCI combustion
Directory:Wave buoys - PESWiki
Directory:Linear Combustion Electromagnetic Engines - PESWiki
Directory:Linear Motors and Generators - PESWiki
LCE - Linear combustion engine project: project history
DLR Portal - News Archive - DLR researchers unveil a new kind of range extender for electric cars
free-piston linear generator (Freikolbenlineargenerator - FKLG) from DLR - YouTube (video for above engine)
Free-piston engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free Piston Engines / Freikolbenmotoren
Free Piston Generator
DCES
Popular Science - Google Books
Linear motor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OPOC opposed piston opposed cylinder engines
http://www.pattakon.com/pattakonPatPOC.htm
Ecomotors OPOC Engine - Two-Strokes Revival? | Indian Motos Blog
Advanced Propulsion Technologies, Inc.
The Lighter, Better, More Efficient Two-Stroke Engine - 2011 Breakthrough Award Winner - Popular Mechanics
Bill Gates invests in the OPOC engine | Motor Nature: for green drivers
http://www.pattakon.com/pattakonOPRE.htm
Golle Motor GmbH :: Motorenbau :: Geschichte ((needs translated to English)) i used google, put link as the search term, click search, and a "translate" option should come up.
Inside Ecomotors Revolutionary High-Efficiency Engine | The Truth About Cars
OPOC - Shape of Diesels to Come?
Two Stroke Engine - EcoMotors OPOC Engine - Internal Combusion Engine (IC) - Automobile Magazine
OPOC (Opposed Piston Opposed Cylinder), 2 cylinders and 4 pistons two stroke diesel - Weapons Cache Forums

someone put a lot of work into this thread. about sterling engines....
Motori Stirling. Come funzionano. Vendita. Risorse varie
have not taken time to actually read up on it yet.

==============
alright this is getting down right daunting of pure amount of engines out there. it is no longer about this or that type of engine, but rather needing togo down a list of what you are needing. and what might fit a given situation the best. with so many of these engines are experimental. what is it going to take for all these companies just to come together and set down, and make a list of things. and get these engines off the ground. vs fumbling around repeating same thing over and over again.

attached file = my blah blah blah, as i try to understand the "free piston linear generator engines"

View attachment 310778

Last edited:
Ryan The Mazda or Wankle engine I don't if over come . But running in Arizona or N. Mexico dust the seals went quickly. scouring the cylinders.

There is a light air cooled engine Farmers use to pump water. and seem to run all summer with good results. low fuel consumption also.
Duetz engine made in Europe.
If the equipment is hard to work on or takes special tool or methods to repair sure would be hard to sell to a farmer.

Keep thinking and writing and a lot of the experimental engines never leave the drawing room.
ken

duetz engines... looks like 3 other manufacture engines. just re-branded, at least at first glimpse. though first time seen a better listing of multi engines that is actually easy to use.

mazda / wankle engine has taken a back seat. though kinda hardpressed, with already having an engine out there and easily bought off the shelf right now type of thing. when ya say arizona and n mexico. what type of air filters were they running? and were the air filters, setup for all the double stage plus air filters in tractors, to help reduce amount of gunk getting into the engines?
with above. i could easily believe what your saying. about quick seal damage from just the min of crud getting into the engine.

Hard to beat the durability and fuel consumption of a diesel coupled to electric generator... Or hydro pump.
can i get them as a single combo unit? like the "free piston linear generator engines". if i am going all electrical for most part, might as well go all the way...:)

setting here waiting for hopefully a working ASUS motherboard replacement to arrive via fedex. lost count think i'am up to 40 plus days now. dealing with Asus. A tad bit on the ugly, checked out BBB.org and flashing "RED ALERT" for Asus. and seeing complaints of customer service to products defective even after replacement. and it has been going for 2 years now *frowns*.

been slowly searching patents for "tractor" and flipping through them, to double check SSTT (sideways snake train tractor). getting a tad buggy eye'ed. only a few more thousand to go.

needing a break, from the click fest for patents, went on a "robot, drone autonomous, auto nav" tractor searches on google. came across a couple things....
lost the link, in all the mess. i want to say it was something like fendt.uk or something like that.
Fendt and placing a small set of tracks on left side and right side of a regular wheeled tractor and tracks raise/lower. kinda of good of both worlds. not tearing up tracks on roads, at same time able to lower them in field to gain that extra traction and reduce compaction by trying to spread weight out.

Viewing a thread - New tractor design pics
interesting setup. near the idea i have for the SSTT. but wheels do not pivot 360 degrees. and cab is attached to tractor. almost resembles the Dowler Gantery machine.

Fendt traktoreiden teknisiä tietoja
road grader turned into a tractor, with implement were the blade use to be.

Stylists queue up to shape the tractors of the future | Features | Farmers Guardian
not really related to SSTT but rather tractor of future concepts.

=============
it is getting down to point... were SSTT is becoming a generator with combustion engine. that basically has a box placed around it all. that allows multi things attached to it. make it wheels, to linkages (think kinda like 3pt hitch on tractors). to grain bins, to flat bed like a trailer, to other. the main frame is kinda of a all-in one swiss army knife. but as soon as i state that. i think it is more like one of them kid construction sets, make it legos to other. were you have this battery pack with motor attached to it in a single large block. and you just attach what you need. to get what you want.

in this case..... stuff that attaches would be...
--single wheel (no motor, no brakes) just wheel and rim
--single wheel with motor and brakes
--double wheel (no motor, no brakes)
--double wheel with motor and brakes
--optional fender mounted low watt lights, for either driving at night, or bright lights while in the field.
--track (few different widths) (small length say 2 to 3 feet long)
--track (few different widths) (meidum length say 3 to 5 feet long)
--track (few different widths) (meidum length say 4 to 8 feet long)
--linkage (think 3pt hitch) (couple different power rated grades, of how much they can lift)
--linkages optional, extra long version of above, for what ever.
--quick connect option for linkages. to make it easier to attach implements
--flat bed (think flat bed trailer)
--box bed (think grain wagon)
--grain wagon, with augers or conveyer belt pending on crop type.
--bulk fluid container, (fluid for a sprayer setup, or some sort of liquid fertilizer, or simply water tanks, to water the live stock)
--weight box
--dynamic weight box (contracts / extends) in and out while out in field. to add or remove how much weight is out in front of the SSTT. to counter balance implement being pulled behind the SSTT.

main frame + engine
--1 to 3 grades, cheap and light, medium, and costly / beefy frame.
--each frame type X amount of HP, and perhaps an engine or 2 to choose from.
main frame (no engine)
--kinda of a drag around frame, for implements and stuff that ya really do not need another engine for,

end connections (sort width ends)
--solid beam, (connects to frames together, and makes both frames as if they were a solid single frame)
--multi flex, (lets each frame twist and bend, but no real control of how they do it)
--powered multi flex, (ability to transfer weight around, and make better tighter controlled turns)

end kits for frames
--light kit / slow motion options. ((tail lights, left and right turn singles, brake lights, slow motion signs))
--light kit front head lights
--optional front and rear camera options for front and rear option kits
--wireless communication setup kits (other words different antenna arrangements and types of antenna's)

field mode option kits for lights and cameras
--boom mounted camera and lights (on a pole that just sticks up in the air) and mounts to one side of SSTT
--dynamic boom mounted camera and lights (motors and actuators, everything can be moved around and bend and twist. so a person could move lights and camera down low to the ground or perhaps moved at a certain angle to check on things, that would other wise be impossible to see without, physically stopping everything and getting out and walk around and check things out)

while it may not be legos, or some sort of kids "construction set" that allows kids to build what ever they can think of. the overall idea is near to that effect of using similar connection type points for everything. but most likely for the SSTT, things are more "specialized" vs having a common connection type across the entire thing and how everything connects.

boy, while the kid in my says ya ya, the other part of me is saying, i don't know about this. but... then i look at the 100's of regular current age tractors. and ya got a basic frame, engine. and then everything is adjusted for the engine from wheel sizes, to frame, to weight. to other. and i am looking more at a specific length say 13 feet long 8 feet wide for everything to fit into. and adjust things as needed for that. so i can keep CTF control traffic farming, adjust wheels for spacing, add/remove wheels as needed for compaction in a field or task at hand and overall weight, adjust frame and engine. or rather take wheels from one frame with smaller engine in it. to another beefer frame and larger engine in it. and keep everything the same. just swapping things. and still be able to use same implements, controls, etc... i guess when i think back, when mom, found this metal frame like construction kit at some yard sale and brought home for me, and building something, i was thinking, boy... i wish i had the knowledge and ability to make this that a little more stronger and beefer. to actually make work, and a different sized motor for right here, and a different pulley, or chain for this.

===========
arghs, fill like part of me is dead, without a pc that i can use autodesk inventor, or like CAD program. hurry up fedex
with above said, getting near end of engine search. and need to narrow things down. though, not sure at this point.

if i can get pc backup and running, i may hit autodesk inventor, and then buy the newer "farm simulation 2013" game. and see about getting 3D files from autodesk inventor transferred to the game. just to see how things would look and operate.
if i can not get pc going, then it will be BBB.org and most likely buying a new computer *frowns* and then during down time, see about narrowing engines down. and slowly going through all the patent searches with a fine tip brush.

almost a year since i set the project aside....

i am still looking at engines.... and pretty well settled on a... linear free piston design engine / generator style of setup. were stroke length, compression ratios, fuel ratios, air ratios, can be completely variable at any given time, along with amp/s, currents that is produced being variable adjusted on the fly.

most of the engines, generators, electrical actuators, various coil designs, i have seen up to this date. just not looking good for me.

most of the researching i have been doing has been on "coil design" how to wrap a silly wire up into a coil. along with how magnets are made and how to shape them and change them...

with above said, everything i have seen so far, resembles more of a "straight manual gear transmission" vs what i am wanting is more of a pure hyd transmission that is infinitely variable in torque/rpms.

needless to say... in my searching for info... i ran across some pretty crazy far fetched ideas.... and reading through some of it was nightmarish. with there plots of government, to aliens, to some text, were i am wondering if the folks were in a mental hospital. sorry, i guess i still have some frustration still in me. along with the new notation of "over unity" everyone is hooked on. that alone took some time going through the various ideas and builds folks have done, and understanding were folks think something may be overunity vs not. or rather how much more efficient a device maybe vs another.

==================
coils.. from electrical motor, to generator head, to electrical actuator (think hyd cylinder/piston but electrical version) to robotic control / sensors, to transformers, to other....

i got the basic idea down of what i want and how i want to wind a coil up. but i am stuck between CAD software and dealing with complex programming to get desired pathing down of how the wire is shaped coiled. vs. building some sort of contraption, to wind the coil up.

i can take a paper towel cardboard center, and wrap some 20 to 24 gauge wire around it, and then use my fingers to bend things were i want, to give basic idea of what i want to do. but trying to deal with the 3D aspect of X,Y,Z to a different X,Y,Z coordinates, and being so precise, that leaving any sort of void space (empty space were air could accumulate) is getting daunting. and then trying to figure out a way to use varnish or some other way to fill in those voids.

trapped air + plus high temperature = insulation on wire melting / catching fire / lower efficiency overall.

======================
looking at how wires themselves are created, and going for a square shape, or 6 sided or 8 sided wire... and min dimensions the wire can be made has also been a road block. and trying to use the wire shape itself to fill in the voids....

i have looked into a custom shaper for wires, were 1 foot is 6 sided shape, while next 1 foot section of wire is of a different shape all together. but it comes back to how the wire is formed, stretched, and compressed, to keep a nice wire without any cracks, and/or deformations.... and using a softer metal say copper, to harder metal say iron. and the mix of the various types of metals.

different metals, with just a little bit of this or that, and how everything is melted/mixed, and formed, can quickly change the properties of the wire of electrical force and/or magnetic force the wire has....while i am no metallurgist by no means, the fundamentals, has been an eye opener. more so in the manufacturing aspect of creating wire.

=================
electrical magnets and permanent magnets has been a challenge, more so learning the flow properties of a magnetic field. think how water and fluids flow through a pipe, and various eddie currents that can happen to cause friction loss. it would be equivalent of the magnetic field around wires and permanent magnets. and how to amplify, or add or subtract overall magnetic field strengths and how to focus the magnetic field were you want it, and how you want the magnetic field current and electrical current to flow without creating extra eddie currents per say.

how to send a magnetic field through a wire vs an electrical current through a wire. example plug a transformer into a 230v socket, and then a wire of X length, to another transfer that converts the magnetic field back to 230Vs. and only using a single wire, and no risk of electrical shock if wire is cut while still plugged in.. to running multi North and South poles in a single wire.

permanent magnets, and wanting "washers" as in nuts, bolts, washers. and having North on one side south on other side, or north on inside hole, and south on the outside diameter, to having north/south poles being at an angle compared to parallel with washer or perpendicular to the washer.

using a multi pole magnet, were you have say a 4" by 4" by 1/2" thick sheet of metal / permanent magnet, and using a "dot matrix printer" head in idea, to create little dots of North and South pole on one side, to create a stronger magnetic force or weaker magnetic force at different distances of what you want the magnet to stick to.

=====================
coils, from antennas for your cellphone, to satellites such as satellite tv or internet, to wifi / wireless internet modems and routers, to generic over the air TV, to other... how the coils in them are made and fractal patterns used to achieve certain wants and non wants. to tesla coils and different pairings and windings of them. to different types of transformers and different cores. along with A/C to D/C electrical conversion and vice vs. while some of it seemed pretty useless to me at the time reading through some of the stuff. it did help me to understand how to focus magnetic fields. along with use of wireless charging of batteries for example some new charging stations that wirelessly charge a electrical vehicle batteries. and generic understanding how cellphones could be recharged without ever plugging them into something to charge the battery in them.

====================
batteries and capacitors, have a been big interest to me as well. more so capacitors, or a temporary holding of electrical charge, or a tesla coil holding of a magnetic charge. to other various coil types that holds some sort of combination of magnetic/electrical charge in them. the primary reason of wanting a temp holding charge. is to deal with time lag of mechanical portions of a linear free piston engine/generator (the cycles of combustion engine, pulling in air/fuel, compressing it, exploding the air/fuel, and exhausting the combustion). and smoothing out both magnetic/electrical current, to bare min of what something needs and giving that motor or electrical actuator, or sensor just what it needs vs sending extra to it.

=====================
enough rambling, need to decide if i want to post pictures of current ideas on coils or not for linear free piston engine/generator...

over on www.koiphen.com i learned about self cleaning liner ponds that have bottom drain with air diffuser or a "return" coming up through the center of it and TPRs (tangential point returns).
bottom drains 2.pngbottom drains 1.JPG

the TPRs, create a whirl pool or vortex action in a round pond.
the bottom drain sucks stuff down into it, while the air diffuser or return coming up through center of it creates an upward flow of current creating a "donuts shape current" were water current rises up in the center, goes across the surface of the pond, and then down the walls of the pond, across the bottom of the pond and then into the drain.

in sense a hurricane or tornado effect is created within the pond which primary purpose is to move sufrace muck (leaves, and like to skimmers at edge of pond) and thin bring fish poo towards the centrally located bottom drain. and in idea create a self cleaning pond.

==============
coil types.png
A = taking a paper towel roll card board center, and wrapping wire around it to form a nice tight coil of wire that fits side by side. then pulling the coil off the paper towel center, and slightly bending each turn to form kinda like a overlapping circular stair case.

B,C,D,E = all the same thing. unlike A were outside edge of the wire touches the inner circle. the inside edge of the circle touches the circle.
these 2D sketches might resemble a rodin coil. rodin coil = donut / toriod shape, with wire wrapped around and through center many many times. i am more looking for effect of a "circular stair case effect"
when i make shift them with paper towel roll center, i get what resembles threads on a bolt on the outside, and then female threads of a nut on the inside. these threads that are made from winding up the wire into B through E diagrams. is what i am wanting. BUT looking at B,C,D diagrams you can see the "gaps" that need to be dealt with. these gaps = no good.

the goal of(B,C,D,E) is to re create the spiraling vortex current that also has a donuts shape current going on as well...errr how do i say, the piston of the linear generator, would be the air bubbles, and instead of the water, it would be the coiling of the wires. to hold the magnetic / electrical current. E is only the first layer of inner coiling of wires. that would go directly against the outside of the cylinder that the piston would move in.

=================
the piston itself i want it to rotate as it moves through the cylinder, much like a bullet as it is fired out of a gun, will produce a spinning rotation to the bullet, to help reduce "drag" and allow the bullet to shoot further. but i don't want an un-controled spin, i want to control that spin and make use of the spin, by doing a kinda of a circular stair case winding of the wire (creates threads on outside like a bolt, and threads on the inside kinda like a nut) i am hoping the speed of the piston and the so called threads, will give interaction to create electric magnetic field, that can be used to power stuff. and i want to take things a step further... and create a donuts like shape current much like aerated bottom drain current. that allows the electric magnetic current to feed back onto itself. to maintain a longer lasting current that doesn't instantly dissolve and go back to a stale mate of nothing happening. other words a dynamically changing / charging capacitor, that holds the electrical magnetically charge for a short amount of time, hopefully long enough, for the next cycle of combustion that would happen.

the spinning of the piston, i am hoping would lead to some better vortex action of the air/fuel mixture as it enters the cylinder, and also during the combustion, for an overall better efficiency of combustion of fuel. the top of the piston (side against the combustion) i would like to think i could form more of a fan pattern in idea to it. so as the combustion happens, and pushes the piston, it would cause the piston to rotate and begin spinning at a certain range of RPM's, as it moves through the cylinder.

*rubs chin* i find my mind drifting back to this project. more so towards the "free piston linear generator" ran a few short simple google searches to bring myself backup to speed and not finding much.

--still have post #339 in mind of the coil.
--been looking a bit more at "hallbach array" and amplify or rather direction magnet forces in given direction.
--been looking at magnetic battery / capacitor type of thing. were an electrical and/or magnetic charge can be stored.
--been looking at various coils of wire and how they are shaped.
--been looking at various "fractal" patterns more so when it comes to sending / receiving radio waves. such as cell phone antennas or wireless charging batteries.

my mind has been drifting some on... Simulated Gravity with Centripetal Force
--more of issue of how to raise "pressure" or "gravity" or rather "force" while operating within a vacuum negative pressure. this more aligns with "manufacturing process" and trying to figure out how to equalize pressures, temperatures, forces. at same time being able to work at much higher pressures / temperatures / forces.
--was thinking more along the lines of mounting a large size 3D printer for example. and mounting into a wheel on its side kinda like...
--force_centrifugal_carnival_ride.jpg image is from Centrifugal Force Caused by Inertia by Ron Kurtus - Succeed in Understanding Physics: School for Champions
--other words instead of a person mount a 3D printer. and then place each 3D printer into large tank. so gas like pressure could be adjusted. add a couple more things to allow tank to spin some. so adjustment of centripetal force could be adjusted...
--thoughts are more along the lines of how some capacitors are made, along with how some materials expand / contract (heated up during manufacturing then cooled), and how some materials are heated up and then a magnet/s are inserted to get correct alignment of magnetic forces of a material. also how some circuit boards / computer chips are made. the need for different gas mixtures to various pressures, to various cold/hot temperatures. to simple being able to apply more "gravity per say" so when injecting say hot copper, you are not just pushing hot molten copper out of a nozzle. but it is also being pulled out from centrifuge like forces, the the wire itself comes out more "clean" with out less rips / tears / imperfections on the outside of the wire.

to above... needing to figure out how to make a typical round / cylinder shaped wire. into a wire that has different shapes and bends, and diameters, and like, as it is being applied to the "free piston linear generator". i need / want more 3D vs 2D ability.
--i am not to much for "layering" like is done in computer chips to circuit boards. i just do not see magnetic forces, properly flowing without creating a bunch of small size eddie currents that might be seen with a fluid flowing through a pipe or hose.
--i am not to much for "3D printing", were material is built up one little dot at a time. (another layering)
--looking for a way to feed say a 1/8 inch diameter wire into a nozzle that i could control feed input and pressure output, nozzle diameter. at same time control output feed / forces. so i could adjust shape / diameter at same time.
--i am more interested in kinda of a welding between say copper wire and insulation around it. but also the structural material that holds it all together. this is more to do with final product and dealing with expansion / contraction of different materials and each one having different properties and trying to keep expansion / contraction down to min amount. ((if i can apply more pressure / heat via centrifuge force. and in that raise density or lower density / compaction of various materials on the fly....)) along with say changing out different gases within the tank were 3D printer is. to deal with inert like gas for give operation...

==========
typing out above.... and thinking about how they use "sand" and some sort of chemical to create "molds" for molten metals. and they pour the molten into the sand mold. then break the sand away after the molten metal has cooled and taken its shape. same like thing done with magnetizing metals with magnetic properties.
--*rubs chin* is there a way to 3D print something up. then metal specific say wax / material out, then push in molten copper. then once cooled. add some sort of dissolving agent / heat to remove another material from a 3D printer material. and push in a different material say iron. then repeat for a different material... *arghs* not going to work for wires. needing a insulated wrapping around them. to keep them from shorting out.