new tractor idea possibly....

/ new tractor idea possibly....
For power plugs, I would go with Anderson Powerpole connectors (Products Brands). They are what are used for winches and other things that operate in a hostile environment.

Aaron Z

my bad, thought i looked at all the connectors.... went backed and double checked...
"spec pack connectors" interesting!

but if there was an actual handle, kinda like the euro battery ends, were i could have some thick gloves on. and still wrap 3 fingers around. if not all 4 fingers and pull the plugs out. vs wrapping hands around a plug to try and pull apart....

just standard 110v 3 prong regular extension cords can be a down right pain to pull apart some times.

was thinking of some sort of telescoping aproach to implements. or some how get the various rows of discs, shanks, etc... to slide up next to the STB (side train box) tractor before the implement was actually folded up onto the machine. ((going back to tetter totter)) and if weight could be brought more near the fulcrum. it might be easier to flip / fold the implement up onto the machine for transport mode.

then when going to field mode and unfolding. once implement was lowered from transport mode. it would then push or slide or fold out to wanted space/distance for each rows of discs, shanks, etc...

==================
been thinking of "flat bed" tow trucks. were the rear bed tilts, and extends back behind truck. then car/truck is attached to winch. and pulled up onto the bed. then bed tilts and retracts back onto the rear of the truck... but instead of being a "wide" flat bed. perhaps some "ramps" ((multi ramps were placed were ever needed for a given implement and then locked / pinned into place)) was thinking multi ramps to reduce weight.

with above said, perhaps making sure main frame. can be used to slide stuff up and down the frame, like ramps. or easily able to clamp/pin something onto main frame of the STB (side train box) tractor.

===================

thought about some sort of "long tongue/hitch" like current age tractor implements. but folding back into a trailer mode...

example 60 feet STB with 60 feet implements. and then folding back so STB becomes kinda like current age tractor, and implement folds back to current age implement

honestly do not like this over all idea.

=====================
thought about implement being wide enough and heavy enough. were STB pulls into field with implement in tow behind it. and then STB un-hooks, and drives backward, to attach implement to the long width of the STB. i could this happening for some things possibly.... but life of me not sure what would require such a thing, if implement was "built" just for the STB.... and not some modification from some old implement modified for the STB.

=====================
i thought about forks lifts on steroids...(like 3pt hitch fork or forks that fit on a FEL) or rather a single fork connected to each set of lower links. and the STB (side train box) tractor. would attach to implements by putting the forks into ends of implement frame. then folding the forks up so implement would slide back onto the forks. then putting a pin in. so implement would not slide off of the forks.

=====================
instead of fork lifts. perhaps a "tool bar" or rather a generic frame... that could be turned into various implements, but attaching / un attaching discs, shanks, etc... in various rows across it....

=====================
i am still caught up on a "12v DC winch" or a couple of them. and possibly using them to help fold/unfold implements. but what has me is needing some sort of long pole with a hook or like. that could reach over implements and snag the cable and bring it out to edge of an implement to be attached.

=====================
another thing that is still bugging me. is the lower links, and being able attach/unattach multi implements. without having to climp,crawl, fall on your face, hit knees, tear up hands and arms as you get across an implement so you can mess around with the links to get them attached to an implement.

with 3pt hitches and the various categories of 3pt hitches.... there normally is always some sort of room to walk between current age tractor and implement. and get things aligned, to get implements hooked up to the tractor. but with the STB, there is no easy way to walk between STB and implement....or i should say multi implements and multi sections of the STB...

if lower links on the STB had 3pt hitch lower arms like a regular tractor has. were arms can move side to side some. how would this action be achieved? and be controlled from a distance? would a there need to be a 2 more baby size hyd cylinders, one for upper link and one for lower link. to move them from side to side. and then use some (remote control, kids toy air plane / remote control car) type of remote. to adjust the links?

would there be a 2 to 3 feet wide. plank around edge of STB. were a person could walk, and some how use a pry bar or something to move the links back and forth to get them algined with pin holes on the implement?

for the wide width side of the STB. would there be some rods that extend from the upper and lower links. over to a corner/s were links could be moved side to side by moving the rods?

/ new tractor idea possibly.... #73  
i am still caught up on a "12v DC winch" or a couple of them. and possibly using them to help fold/unfold implements. but what has me is needing some sort of long pole with a hook or like. that could reach over implements and snag the cable and bring it out to edge of an implement to be attached.
IMO, having the farmer get out to unfold things will not go over well. A CANBUS type connector that runs computer to talk to a valve block that runs off of closed center hydraulics might go over well, but would cost more than the current bunches of hydraulic lines running back from the tractor.

Aaron Z

how would you fold/unfold an implement up onto the top of the STB (side train box) tractor if one or both links were above the frame? vs being below the frame.

/ new tractor idea possibly.... #75  
the last row of diagrams in above. has been what i been thinking about. but dealing with "seeders" and like that have a boxes of seeds. how do you keep from "dumping" all the see right on top of the machine as the implement folds up all the way...
Look at how they do it for those monster air seeders... Small hopper with a screw on lid at each planter and a large box of seed that it fills from.

how would you fold/unfold an implement up onto the top of the STB (side train box) tractor if one or both links were above the frame? vs being below the frame.
Not seeing your pictures of a 'STB' so I couldn't say.

Aaron Z

IMO, having the farmer get out to unfold things will not go over well. A CANBUS type connector that runs computer to talk to a valve block that runs off of closed center hydraulics might go over well, but would cost more than the current bunches of hydraulic lines running back from the tractor.

Aaron Z

was not thinking about manual unfolding/fold. but rather winch as part of the physical portion of attaching/un-attaching implements... were the winch would assist in folding / unfolding. or to drag implement over to the side of the STB. if the implement is just out of reach for connections between implement and links. everything would remain "computerized" were it would be push button operation at the cab....

EDIT: attempting to fix images not loading (double attaching picture)
View attachment 280318
boggen new tractor idea63.png

Last edited:
   / new tractor idea possibly.... #77  
was not thinking about manual unfolding/fold. but rather winch as part of the physical portion of attaching/un-attaching implements... were the winch would assist in folding / unfolding. or to drag implement over to the side of the STB. if the implement is just out of reach for connections between implement and links. everything would remain "computerized" were it would be push button operation at the cab....
View attachment 280318

Ah, makes more sense that way. Attachment still wont load for me. Gives an invalid attachment error.

Aaron Z

Look at how they do it for those monster air seeders... Small hopper with a screw on lid at each planter and a large box of seed that it fills from.

thx.

Quote Originally Posted by boggen View Post
Not seeing your pictures of a 'STB' so I couldn't say.

Aaron Z

did not draw any pictures for that post, brain freeze. not able to even visualize it in my mind. let alone draw something.

hhmmsss this set of diagrams might work... but just not connecting dots. of how an implement could fold/unfold.

EDIT: attempt to fix images to display correctly
View attachment 280323
boggen new tractor idea65.png

DUH!! now i remember were i was going with thought with cylinders on top... it was for "tire implements" and trying to think of a way to get tire implements tied more into the direct main frame of tractor!!

EDIT: attempt to fix images to display correctly
View attachment 280324
boggen new tractor idea66.png

in think my brain is freezing up. due to most of the time in this thread i have been think of chisel plows, bottom plows, discs, etc... were everything is below the frame of the implement. and what would be above the frame is very minimal. but that is not always the case for other implements, like seeders.

trying to keep the busy work (first row of implements, like discs chisels, etc...) as close to edge of tractor as possible. vs having a couple extra feet between the first row were busy work begins on implement and the tractor edge... and re looking at how implements might fold/unfold if the links were moved to the top of the frame vs below the frame.

Ah, makes more sense that way. Attachment still wont load for me. Gives an invalid attachment error.

Aaron Z

refreshed paged a couple times, closed firefox and restarted and refreshed page again. and getting same problem, not even getting "thumb nails" to show up...

been using "quick reply box" with the image attachment button, and clicking over on "computer" to upload files directly. vs going through "go advance" button to type up messages... will see if i can edit through go advance to get images to show properly.

before i forget, i want to do a search on train couplers. between each box of a train. i know there are a few different types, but if some sort of smaller version could be made for links. to help automate things in attaching / unattaching implments to hyd links...