new tractor idea possibly....

/ new tractor idea possibly....
ggrrr seems to be problem with "quick reply" -> "attach image" button images are loading if i goto "go advance" -> "manage attachments" -> "drag and drop" and insert images in line....

will toss all the images i have in this post... 60 plus *cringes*

boggen new tractor idea4.png .. boggen new tractor idea2.png .. boggen new tractor idea1.png .. boggen new tractor idea3.png .. boggen new tractor idea6.png .. boggen new tractor idea5.png .. boggen new tractor idea25.png .. boggen new tractor idea23.png .. boggen new tractor idea24.png .. 4630_sprayer_523854.jpg .. boggen new tractor idea22.png .. boggen new tractor idea21.png .. boggen new tractor idea20.png .. boggen new tractor idea19.png .. boggen new tractor idea18.png .. boggen new tractor idea17.png .. boggen new tractor idea16.png .. boggen new tractor idea15.png .. boggen new tractor idea14.png .. boggen new tractor idea12.png .. boggen new tractor idea13.png .. boggen new tractor idea11.png .. boggen new tractor idea10.png .. boggen new tractor idea9.png .. boggen new tractor idea8.png .. boggen new tractor idea7.png .. boggen new tractor idea45.png .. boggen new tractor idea44.png .. boggen new tractor idea43.png .. boggen new tractor idea42.png .. boggen new tractor idea41.png .. boggen new tractor idea40.png .. boggen new tractor idea39.png .. boggen new tractor idea38.png .. boggen new tractor idea37.png .. boggen new tractor idea36.png .. boggen new tractor idea35.png .. boggen new tractor idea34.png .. boggen new tractor idea33.png .. boggen new tractor idea32.png .. boggen new tractor idea31.png .. boggen new tractor idea30.png .. boggen new tractor idea29.png .. boggen new tractor idea28.png .. boggen new tractor idea27.png .. boggen new tractor idea26.png .. boggen new tractor idea66.png .. boggen new tractor idea65.png .. boggen new tractor idea63.png .. boggen new tractor idea62.png .. boggen new tractor idea61.png .. boggen new tractor idea60.png .. boggen new tractor idea59.png .. boggen new tractor idea58.png .. boggen new tractor idea57.png .. boggen new tractor idea56.png .. boggen new tractor idea55.png .. boggen new tractor idea54.png .. boggen new tractor idea53.png .. boggen new tractor idea52.png .. boggen new tractor idea51.png .. boggen new tractor idea50.png .. boggen new tractor idea49.png .. boggen new tractor idea48.png .. boggen new tractor idea47.png .. boggen new tractor idea46.png

/ new tractor idea possibly.... #82  
In the last idea on this one:

Why not mount the cylinder to the triangular engine protection frame rather than having the long straight vertical piece?
Green and turquoiseish-blueish are cylinders and black is an arm that is hinged at both ends:
boggen new tractor idea66.png

Aaron Z

In the last idea on this one:

Why not mount the cylinder to the triangular engine protection frame rather than having the long straight vertical piece?
Green and turquoiseish-blueish are cylinders and black is an arm that is hinged at both ends:
View attachment 280398

Aaron Z

so a telescopic hyd cylinder that had multi stages. kinda like a dump truck, were cylinder was attached to truck and dump bed right near cab. vs positioning cylinder closer to rear of truck for both connections to make a shorter hyd cylinder that was larger in diameter.

i like it! but forces on the long cylinder. and the multi stages. (worries me some)

if i could get say 2 to 4 feet vertical distance between lower link and upper link, i think i might be happier. due to it changes the weight balance around and pivot points. and perhaps allow for a smaller size frame for the STB tractor. though at this point i am only purely guessing.

how i figure i got current links ((forget everything in this old diagram)) exception bottom right corner diagram showing hyd links.
280357d1347386595-new-tractor-idea-possibly-boggen-new-tractor-idea43.png

there is only a few inches in difference were the links physically connect to the implement. and that is going to cause a huge amount of "bind"
if those connections points on implement get further spread out. i would think there would be a better "fine tune adjusting" of lowering the implement. and how high you want front or back of implement off the ground. along with reducing a good portion of "binding".

heck "float the implement" off the ground. or perhaps "hovering" across the ground.

suspension bridges and cranes.... along with block and tackle. along with telescopic multi stage hyd cylinder. and then a lower link arm with hyd cylinder on it... go further and 2 frames one above the other, and supported by chains. to let sections "float" and move across the ground. might as well due it to the max!

boggen new tractor idea67.png

can the frame of the implement and frame of the STB tractor be reduce enough. to a point were you actually need to place weight of the STB tractor back onto the implement. so that everything works correctly.... or getting out cables and block and tackles and like causing way to many failure points. resulting in down time stuck in the field.

boggen new tractor idea68.png

i guess i am still stuck in 2D vs not thinking 3D.

i was wanting to keep main frame for STB, as straight as possible. from short end to short end. but i suppose it does not have to be. other words the main frame does not have to a perfect rectangle.

boggen new tractor idea69.png

starting to run out of quick click colors, in the paint program. that comes with microsoft windows :/

boggen new tractor idea70.png

getting back to what Aaron Z noted. for telescopic multi stage hyd cylinder. with freedom to get around the main frame.

with multi stage hyd cylinder. able to attach cylinder to implement further out away from the STB tractor. but boy... cylinders are by no means light weights... they are HEAVY! i would hate to know what the telescopic multi stage hyd cylinder would weigh, and try and man handle it and get a pin in....

there would need to be a 3rd little baby cylinder. just to make attaching / UN-attaching implement easy... but even then, you would almost need either second person to mess with levers / buttons to adjust multi stage cylinder and the baby cylinder. or some sort of wireless remote control.... *ughs*

boggen new tractor idea71.png

been thinking about quick hitches for 3pt hitch category 1 and category 2, then thought about the old tractors.... snap couplers for allis chalmers. more specifically the "bell housings" there was like a funnel on bottom side of tractor between the wheels. and you backed tractor right into implement tongue. and the funnel would help guide things, and when the Eye bolt like end slid all the way in. there would be a springed pin. that would latch the tongue once in place. then you may have to hope off of tractor to connect the arms that hyd cylinders on them to the implement.

what i am interested in is the "bell housings" or funnels. and also interested in "electronic spring pins with manual release". all combined with a quick hitch... or rather i should say half of a quick hitch...

there is already spacing between the "wide sides" of the STB tractor just to get around the tires when in transport mode. so... might as well. use that space up with a quick hitch. unlike a typical current age 3pt hitch tractor, a quick hitch would cause less overall lift ability due to sticking implement out further behind tractor. but in this case for the STB there is wasted space between implement and edge of the STB due to the wheels.

but there is some problems.... i would hope the links on the STB tractor like current age tractor 3pt hitches. sway back and forth a couple inches. not much but just a little. i was thinking about some sort of funnel either on implement or on the links. to help "guide" everything together.

remember STB you will not be attaching just one implement but multi implements most likely at one time. and a quick turn of the wheels could through everything off for multi implements. reason why i was think about the bell housing or some sort of "funnel".

the electronic pin with spring for auto latch with an optional for manual unlatch. was thinking more for quickly un hooking from an implement, the pin would electronically open up. then a sensor built in to let farmer know everything is locked in for attaching implement from the cab.

the only way to make it easy for electrical pin, would be if the electrical pin was mounted on tractor. i would imagine it would be much easier to also have funnel on tractor side as well.

i am not sure the old allish chalmers "snap coupler" would work. do to limited degree of movement up and down, that would be needed to fold / unfold implements on the STB tractor. but.... hmmmsss....

Attachments

• boggen new tractor idea72.png
    boggen new tractor idea72.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 50
was thinking making the upper end attachment point on implement. slightly bigger width wise (horizontal) vs the lower attachment point. so it is less likely you hook upper attachment point into the lower attachment point that is on the quick hitch on the tractor.

i think B in last post diagram might work better as a funnel. if following the last paragraph. MAKE special notes on hyd cylinders on tractor. if the links were flipped upside down. i most likely flip the quick hitch upside down as well. due to how the hyd cylinders work. and being able to reach quick hitch out to get one of the attachment points connected. then moving a cylinder to get second attachment point connected. though that would mean end points on implement would need to be flipped upside down ARGH!!!

maybe it would be better just to make end points on implement same size. would possibly make things cheaper in "bulk" buying / making for manufactures. and have reduced cost to customers. and leave the extra frustration of getting things hooked into wrong attachment points left to the farmer. i suppose pending on implement being about to attach top attachment point on implement to lower attachment point on quick hitch might be an advantage, and let farmers possibly pick up an implement just a tiny bit out of reach. to get both attachment points connected. it is not like they can not push a button and unlatch either attachment point and try again.

======================
if implement needs any sort of hyd hookups, or electrical connections for sensors and like. i was thinking farmer could get implements attached first to the STB. and then just fold the implements up. get out and walk down the machine, plugging in hyd lines and electrical connections. as needed for implements. since implements would be folded up on to the STB. there would be no climbing over anything. and a nice easy walk down the length of the tractor.

for reference "oscillating bearing" for use in links. to allow some degree of movement side to side.

boggen new tractor idea73.png
boggen new tractor idea74.png

hhmmmssss... perhaps instead a single large nut. some sort of large metal 0-ring. with ball bearing grove. and then bolts that torque down into the bottom portion of the 360 joint...

maybe that is it. 3 pieces to the joint. 2 large outer pieces (1 top 1 bottom) that has bolts that torque down all the way around. and then a smaller inside disc. with ball bearings on each side of it.

hhmmmsss never really thought about it. "but how" does everything actually rotate. i would imagine with some sort of hyd motor with a sprocket attached to it. that turns rotates a track that is attached to the 360 joint. but.... were and how does it connect... do things turn inside of the 360 joint?