Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #1  

Brendan56

Tractor
John Deere 855
Hi, New member here. How do I check if there is a lien on a tractor I'm thinking of buying in the U.S. for immediate use here in S. Ontario?:confused2::anyone:

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #3  
You should be able to check with the Finance arm of the manufacturer. Dealer might be able to tell running the VIN number.

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #4  
smstonypoint said:
You can check for a Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) lien through the appropriate Secretary of State's office: Secretaries Of State - Corporate Information

Steve

Steve has it correct. Without a title, the ONLY way for a lender to protect his loan is to register the tractor lien with/through the UCC. If it does not show up in a UCC search, you can rest assured it is free and clear.

Keep in mind that a business can have all of their equipment encumbered as a loan collateral - and the UCC filing might not specifically list the tractor. Make sure you check not only the individual, but any businesses he might own to be in the safe side.

If you are overly concerned, it would be worth the couple hundred bucks a lawyer would charge to do the search for you.

Good luck with your purchase.

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien
Thanks for the tips guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::applause::applause::applause:
Now all I got to do is find someone with a snow-blower attachment so we're not stuck out here in the country this coming winter :cheerful::cheerful::cheerful::frosty::frosty::frosty::frosty::frosty::santahat:

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #6  
Now all I got to do is find someone with a snow-blower attachment so we're not stuck out here in the country this coming winter :cheerful::cheerful::cheerful::frosty::frosty::frosty::frosty::frosty::santahat:

I have a lovely Buhler Farm King Y600 sitting in my front yard with a for sale sign on it right now. :thumbsup: :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

Last edited:
   / Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #7  

Ask and ye shall receive ^^^^^^^:)

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien
Went all the way to Baltimore (OhiOhhh) to pick up a John Deere 855 (1997). 300 genuine hours (!!!!!) on it -luck o'th'Irish. The 'bulletproof' variety (built b4 1998, just). Good friend Bill along for the drive &driving (Thanks Bill:number1::number1:).
Not saying I got a :dollarsign:teal but 'bulletproof' is worth. Why are companies, in general, not making stuff as good as they used to? Rhetorical!! Now going to have some fun changing "Baby's:tractor:" 'diapers' etc.:wrench::wrench::wrench::cloud9:

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #9  
in general, not making stuff as good as they used to? :

Because consumers want to spend less $$$, so you get less. JD now has to compete with cheaper tractors from Korea etc.

/ Buying in the U.S. Want to check if there is a lien #10  
** Went all the way to Baltimore (OhiOhhh) ** Only 6-8 miles from me..!! :)