Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: Creaper

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    if needing the pto.. you can't use idle.. you need rated speed. at rated speed.. 1st may be too fast.

even in the old fords with trans pto.. the addition of a sherman low let you tach the engine up highand get pto up even though ground speed wasn't ideal.. still
    I always wanted a sherman step up step down when I had the 8n. The gearing was terrible on those tractors, reverse is the same as 3rd gear and low is too fast for some things.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

yep.. 4spds were tall..

5spds better.. but wasn't untillt he 8spd came out that they finally got a few useable gears... not counting the sos 10spds..

Tractor
    Kubota B7510HSD(sold) B3200(new 6/15/09)

I use the lowest gears on the mf 6290 that I use to pull the mixer wagon while feeding the cows and have MANY times I could use a lower gear. I have to go forward and back a few times while trying to get all the feed out of the wagon in the space available. lower gears would let me do it in one pass.-0917091018-jpg
    b3200, 60" land pride finish mower, 3pt log spitter, pallet forks, lawn sweeper, bottom plow, Loader mounted snow plow, 3pt quick hitch.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4300

Sounds like a good thing they invented Hydrostat trannies

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by pat32rf View Post
    Sounds like a good thing they invented Hydrostat trannies
    OMG............Now you done it
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    for Cristmas 2011 found used Joh Deere 670 w/ 40 hrs and options

Quote Originally Posted by Don87
    OMG............Now you done it
    That was my reaction when I took my gate of the hinges when clear dirt next to my shed. I realized had I been creeping I would, or at least might, have had time to react before I created more work for myself. I now I use it any time I'm smart enough to realize I might end up saying "now you've done it"!
    Last week end I was clearing a ditch and it was easier to watch the box blade and the front creeping before I had or created a new problem. I figure I'm so far ahead with a tractor I can afford to go a bit slower.
    RoN
    Ron JD 670
    Found used JD670 with 40 hrs barned with FEL, 5' Rake, 7' Blade, 9" X 3' Rankin Auger.
    Have added Box Blade, RM, Forks, plus some blood sweat and tears.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B6100DT

I've also seen implements where a rider (on the implement) manually plants saplings. This is a very slow speed operation.

Dan C.
    B6100DT, FEL, BH

Silver Member Little Red Tractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 6284

The creeper gear was to allow high engine speed--whether for running an implement or just for pure pulling power--while giving a lower ground speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12