Is it really never a good idea to spend extra time to get a full bucket?

/ Is it really never a good idea to spend extra time to get a full bucket? #21  
Thanks much. I am learning a lot through this forum. I've almost got the FEL technique down to get a full scoop with one run. I think when I pile it up with the hoe, I'll be able to scoop it easy since it will be loose. The hard packed undisturbed ground is pretty hard to get the FEL to dig in and get a full load.

Thanks everyone for responding. James

/ Is it really never a good idea to spend extra time to get a full bucket? #22  
Thanks much. I am learning a lot through this forum. I've almost got the FEL technique down to get a full scoop with one run. I think when I pile it up with the hoe, I'll be able to scoop it easy since it will be loose. The hard packed undisturbed ground is pretty hard to get the FEL to dig in and get a full load.

Thanks everyone for responding. James

a "tooth bar" that fits on the FEL heavy duty bucket. can help make digging with a FEL easier.
also if you tractor has 4WD or MFWD putting it into 4WD or MFWD can help digging with the FEL.

then again, with the TLB (tractor loader backhoe) i have. i grab nail left or right brake pedal. swing machine around drop outriggers and have a nice pile of dirt with backhoe. load backhoe bucket up with dirt. raise out riggers. and hit left or right rear brake pedal, swing around and load up the FEL with dirt. swing around one more time and off i go. and hope i do not hit any ugly mud and sink to the frame....

=============
warning!

once you do get a full bucket of dirt. take it slow across dirt / mud / even rock drive ways as you travel from digging spot to were ever ya moving dirt to. if the tractor starts a bouncing front front to back = you will be spending time, taking out bumps from the driveway, or from the yard.