Case 580ck Hyd fluid and fuel ?

/ Case 580ck Hyd fluid and fuel ? #1  

serf2

Tractor
Case 580 CK
I just purchased a 580CK over the weekend and it seems like a great machine. Runs well and has a lot of power. I plan on getting a service manual but I have two questions now. Can I run the dyed kerosene in it in place of normal diesel fuel? The main reason is there is a station within 1/4 of a mile from my place but they do not have diesel only the red dyed kerosene. Also what weight hyd fluid should I use in it and what weight engine oil?
Thanks

/ Case 580ck Hyd fluid and fuel ? #2  
Drive a little further, and get some diesel. The kerosene lacks the lubricating properties needed in the injection pump. Maybe even pick up a bottle of fuel additive, using the low sulphur fuel in an older machine like that, unless you happen to find a dealer with off road fuel. Personally, I use KLEEN, but others may suggest something else. No problems as to date...

I believe the viscosity of the hyd. fuid is 20 wt. Case probably calls for TCH fluid, but $80.00 per 5 gal pail, I use the Trans-drauilc fluid from TSC. Just be sure and read the label, and make sure it meets TCH specs. I believe Wal-Marts Trans-draulic fluid meets these specs also, but be sure and check the label.

I use the 15w-40 diesel oil. Usually Shell Rotella, or a good name brand. We used 15w-40 at work year round in everything.

/ Case 580ck Hyd fluid and fuel ?
Drive a little further, and get some diesel. The kerosene lacks the lubricating properties needed in the injection pump. Maybe even pick up a bottle of fuel additive, using the low sulphur fuel in an older machine like that, unless you happen to find a dealer with off road fuel. Personally, I use KLEEN, but others may suggest something else. No problems as to date...

I believe the viscosity of the hyd. fuid is 20 wt. Case probably calls for TCH fluid, but $80.00 per 5 gal pail, I use the Trans-drauilc fluid from TSC. Just be sure and read the label, and make sure it meets TCH specs. I believe Wal-Marts Trans-draulic fluid meets these specs also, but be sure and check the label.

I use the 15w-40 diesel oil. Usually Shell Rotella, or a good name brand. We used 15w-40 at work year round in everything.

OMG! Thank you for all the information. I kind of felt the same about the Kerosene but wasn't sure. I already ordered all the filters and this weekend I want to change them out as well as the oil and antifreeze. Hyd fluid I will probably just top off. I did notice that the power steering fluid looked milky like water has gotten in. Figured I would drain that and put in new fluid and a filter. Can I use the same fluid that you recommended for the Hyd system?
Thanks again! These forums and the members who take the time to respond like you did are great and much appreciated.
Serf2

/ Case 580ck Hyd fluid and fuel ? #4  
Welcome, that's what we're here for... And yes, I do use the same fluid in the power steering.