16mm Combinaation Wrench

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
Why is it that you can't buy a 16mm combination wrench without buying a set? It happens that 2 of the 3 drain plugs on my MF2615 are 16mm. They are available as individual sockets at Sears but not as individual wrenches. They've got 15mm and 17mm but not 16. I wound up buying an offset wrench in 16 and 18mm which should work fine.

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #3  
ebay?

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #4  
Why is it that you can't buy a 16mm combination wrench without buying a set? It happens that 2 of the 3 drain plugs on my MF2615 are 16mm. They are available as individual sockets at Sears but not as individual wrenches. They've got 15mm and 17mm but not 16. I wound up buying an offset wrench in 16 and 18mm which should work fine.

Just about any auto parts store on the planet sells open stock wrenches. I'd be surprised if your favorite big-box home improvement store didn't, too. Fact of the matter is, I just went on Sears' site and there are no fewer than four 16MM wrenches that can be purchased individually for under $11.10 each, not counting the more expensive ratcheting box end combination wrench.

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #5  
You should be able to go into any good auto parts store and buy a single wrench but, sets are much cheaper than individual items purchased one at a time.

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #6  
I know that someone will be angry about this but a 5/8 is VERY close. If you have a six point wrench there is little chance that you would round anything. 5/8 is 15.875 mm

Chuck

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #7  
Just send someone else into the store. They must not like you

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #8  
I know that someone will be angry about this but a 5/8 is VERY close. . 5/8 is 15.875 mm

Chuck

Which really means that a 16MM wrench works a heck of a lot better in place of a 5/8" than does a 5/8" in place of a 16mm. BTDT.

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #9  
Like Chuckie said, 5/8" will work perfectly. I personally wish the US would just adopt the metric system and move on. It is so much easier to work with!

Craig

/ 16mm Combinaation Wrench #10  
Craig, we did adapt the metric system a long, long time ago, when it comes to money. They just forgot to tell us we were using metric.