3-Point Hitch If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link?

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #21  
With a std type box blade, a hydraulic top link would be the way to go. With a roll-over box blade, a rear blade, landscape rake, a side link is the way to go IMO. But since you have a STD box blade and are planning on getting both anyway, I would say to get the top link first.

I would do some serious thinking about installing an aftermarket manual 3 valve setup. I would think that it would be quite a bit less money than the OEM diverter setup.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #22  
I'm going to say this decision depends on your terrain and intended uses. Around here we have a lot of hills and my main task for my box blade it grading, leveling and moving dirt. I'm constantly adjusting the side link to make different level cuts on unlevel ground, creating small ditches and swales, and making adjustments when leveling a large area like a building pad. For me once I get the toplink set to provide good results with the box blade (a good bite but not too aggressive) I just leave it set. I agree both top and tilt would be ideal, but I'd look closely at your uses before deciding. If I were just moving loose materials, grading a driveway, etc I'd vote top link, but for serious dirt work the side link is more beneficial IMO.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #23  
I recently had a 4th/5th SCV added to my 3520 and it wasn't that painful. It was around $700 or $800 if memory serves. Had it done in conjunction with the power beyond kit.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #24  
I would like to have both a hydraulic top link and tilt link BUT I only have a single rear 3rd function SCV, so I am thinking which would be most useful to have as hydraulic and which one to leave manual?

The manual top link is relatively easy to adjust while the tilt link is not. It seems like a tilt link would be the most useful to have as hydraulic. What are your suggestions and what am I not taking into consideration?
Here is an option which would allow you to have both functions with just one remote. It is pretty impressive, and lots cheaper than adding another remote. HydrauLink - a self-contained air over hydraulic top link Demonstration video At the bottom of this thread page you will see similar threads where this product has been discussed.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #25  
   / If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link?
Attono said:
I recently had a 4th/5th SCV added to my 3520 and it wasn't that painful. It was around $700 or $800 if memory serves. Had it done in conjunction with the power beyond kit.

I am interested in knowing more about the cost. Sounds reasonable. Do you have pictures? Is the an OEM kit from JD?

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link?
AchingBack said:
Here is an option which would allow you to have both functions with just one remote. It is pretty impressive, and lots cheaper than adding another remote. HydrauLink - a self-contained air over hydraulic top link Demonstration video At the bottom of this thread page you will see similar threads where this product has been discussed.

Yes impressive. Perhaps not for everyone in all situations but that's why we have options. Thanks.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #28  
I vote for the top link because even though I have the remotes for both top and side I built myself just a toplink so far because I couldn't think of as manny times I would want a side link vs a toplink.
Remember you could have both and only put one on your tractor at a time or get a switching valve at the back of the tractor.

Here is a link to my recent build.
New Hydraulic top link build