3-Point Hitch If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link?

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #1  

JD 4520

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4520
I would like to have both a hydraulic top link and tilt link BUT I only have a single rear 3rd function SCV, so I am thinking which would be most useful to have as hydraulic and which one to leave manual?

The manual top link is relatively easy to adjust while the tilt link is not. It seems like a tilt link would be the most useful to have as hydraulic. What are your suggestions and what am I not taking into consideration?

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #2  
From your list of attachments/implements it appears the boxblade is the most likely candidate for using the hydraulic adjustments on a frequent basis. For that reason I would go for the top link being hydraulic. This would be used much more than the tilt cylinder for most boxblade work. On my 4520 with three rear outlets I use the top link cylinder the most, the tilt cylinder second and the hydraulic scarifiers the least.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #3  
I vote a toplink. I think most people are inconvienced by getting off and on the tractor to adjust the top link more than the tilt. Then again, it all depends on what each individual is doing mostly. May i ask why you cant just ad another set of remotes?

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #4  
I vote a toplink. I think most people are inconvienced by getting off and on the tractor to adjust the top link more than the tilt. Then again, it all depends on what each individual is doing mostly. May i ask why you cant just ad another set of remotes?
Adding another set of remotes is not a simple inexpensive task I would assume-your thoughts?

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #5  
Top link for sure. I am frequently adjusting my top link and most of my tilt adjustments are straightening things back up because I pulled or pushed the wrong remote lever. Still I am glad I have both but if I had only one it would be the top.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link?
Red Horse said:
Adding another set of remotes is not a simple inexpensive task I would assume-your thoughts?

You are correct and probably not worth the couple of thousand with the extra link and another set of remotes.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #7  
I have three sets with TnT, but if I could only have one, it would be top link.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #8  
I don't have either, but if I had to pick one, it would be top link. I seldom adjust my side link while working with my box blade, but I am adjusting the top link all the time. Also, having an adjustable top link would allow easy tilting of a hay spear, pallet forks, or carry-all, which would be a big advantage.

/ If you had to choose 1: Hyd Top Link or Tilt Link? #10  
Have both and the top link cylinder is the one used most. Installed 2 additional remotes myself and the hardest part in my opinion was removing a rear tire. If you want another remote, get one cause they aren't hard to install. If you do get in a jam there's a lot of folks here willing to help.