Herbicides

/ Herbicides #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
Has anyone found a herbicide that's stronger than Glyphosate (Round Up) for killing multi-flora rose? I've found that it will knock it back but not kill it. I'd pull it out but most is on the other side of a horse fence.

/ Herbicides #2  
We have used glyphosate with good success on huge multi-flora rose bushes. It usually takes repeated applications, however. The first time it's hard to get it down deep into the bush. Spray once, wait a few weeks for the outside to die off, and then spray again.

/ Herbicides #3  
Treat it like a tree and brush a full strength product on the fresh cut stump

/ Herbicides #4  
Crossbow is a good brush, woody plant killer. It ain't cheap though.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using TractorByNet

/ Herbicides #5  
Crossbow is a good brush, woody plant killer. It ain't cheap though.

+1 on Crossbow, although it works best for me in late spring/early summer.

Crossroad is a generic Crossbow available at Rural King: Crossroad Brush Killer 1 Gal. - Generic Replacement for Crossbow by Turf Tech for $49.99 in Herbicides - Agricultural Chemicals & Fertilizers - Agricultural Sprayers & Chemicals - Agriculture - America's Farm and Home Store. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a Rural King near me, and the shipping charges wipe out the lower product cost.

Steve

/ Herbicides #6  
MSMA would probably kill it, but will take two or three applications over the summer, Like roundup its not very selective in what it kills. That being said, What i've found works well for me is mixing roundup (the 41% stuff that you need an applicators licence to purchase) with Direx. I"ve found on fence rows instead of spraying several times during the summer with roundup only, I now spray fences twice a year, early spring and fall.

/ Herbicides #7  
What i've found works well for me is mixing roundup (the 41% stuff that you need an applicators licence to purchase) with Direx.

The purchase of 41% glyphosate requires an applicator's license in Arkansas?

Steve

/ Herbicides #8  
Try 2-4-D. That will kill broad leaf plants and not grass. Not sure if you need a license to purchase it in Maryland. The dealer will let you know.

/ Herbicides #9  
Try Ortho Triox (vegetation killer). It kills everything and prevents new growth for a year. Others reviews are favorable.

JayC