Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default How many tractors would you own?

If you had enough room to store them, and enough time and money to work on them how many tractors would you want to own? As for me I have one running JD 4210 and one non running JD 318 and one mostly taken apart Ford NAA, so I pretty much have answered my own query here. There was one guy who lived about 15 miles away from me who was auctioning off his collection of about 65-70 AC tractors, I drove by his place and was amazed at how well organized his farm was...he seemed to have EVERYTHING in his collection under cover.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF 230 and Mitsubishi D2000

Default Re: How many tractors would you own?

I'd probably stay with 2. I'd get something around 28-30 horse to use, and a early design AC WC to play with.

Ken
    Massey Ferguson 230
    Mitsubishi D2000

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

only 2 one for the bigger tasks and one for the smaller tasks like mowing around tthe house. That guy who had 70 tractors must have had an obsession with tractors like i do with guns and ammo hahah

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

I know this answer....12 tractors and two of those would be in the rebuild stage. Of those two, one would be a 901 series Ford or a very early Ford 4000 that has the same high crop setup to it. The other would be a kubota 245H hi-crop that would be in the rebuild stage. Then there's the Ford 5000 I would like to rebuild so up the total tractor count to 13.

On the buy side would be another Kubota MX5100. Well, actually two since one would be 2WD and the other WD. So up the total count to 14 tractors. I could also fine a use for a Kubota M6040 and an M7040, each set up differently. On the JD side, the 6000 premium series appeals to me and I could find a use for an older 990 4WD to run a rototiller. Well, then, I forgot to add a 790 4WD that I could use to add to the 790 TLB I already have.

OK, so I'm at 15 tractors now and didn't even get into the older IH and Case/IH hi-crops that I find appealing. Of course, I would now need bigger barns which would or could add the need for a couple extra tractors. Well, you get the point. There is no wrong number here.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Stay with the one I got and get an excavator

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I have 2 tractors and a garden tractor. I cant see getting any more unless I purchased alot of land that needed fixing up then I would buy a small dozer like a 650 size with 6 way blade and wide floatation tracks and maybe a big excavator in the 40K pound range to dig a few ponds or a small lake. It and the dozer working together would be nice, maybe a 14 yard dump truck to haul spoils with.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

I got 3 right now.One is home made and hasn't ran since the 50's. I would like to have about 50 tractors. A oil pull, twin city, Steam engine, McCormick 15-30, Wallis, Farmall f-30/Md, Case Rc,Cc are some of the ones on my list. I would build a Quonset hut big enough to house 60 or so tractors comfortably. Anything that doesn't fit will have to go in the drive shed.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Tractors16-600hp Farm & Earthmoving Equip, Trucks etc.

I run a "heap" of tractors across our farms, some new/some old, some owned since new/some purchased s/h & with the benefit of hindsight some I probably shouldn't have bought........anyways all are farm workhorses & is expected to earn their keep, irrespective of whether it's an ag or garden tractor, farm equipment or earthmoving gear.....etc.

How many tractors would I want own ? As many as I can convince myself we need & can fund.......the question is often do I buy a single new 4WD tractor or several equivalent good s/h tractors at a cost/unit of 30% or less than new ?

Tractor
    Oliver 1555

I have an Oliver 1555 for smaller jobs - box blade, small mower, Danuser digger and bale spear, and a JD 4440 for bigger jobs - mostly pulling a 20' flex wing mower.

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

I would like to have a 16hp with a MMM dedicated for lawn-mowing. Then I would like to have a 26hp tractor for slightly larger work, then a 36-38 hp tractor with AC cab for the usual tractor things I do in the summertime.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast