Funnel in fuel tank

/ Funnel in fuel tank #1  

el08

Tractor
New Holland Boomer
When fueling up my New Holland Boomer tractor, the fuel from the gas can fell into the tank. I have tried to fish it out with some "grabbers", but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it out?

/ Funnel in fuel tank #2  
When fueling up my New Holland Boomer tractor, the fuel from the gas can fell into the tank. I have tried to fish it out with some "grabbers", but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it out?

"Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers" from Car Talk answered that one in Sunday's paper, for gasoline and a car's fuel tank (on a 1964 model, as I recall, which doesn't have the tiny filler hole for unleaded gas). Their advice was to leave it in there and not worry about it.

/ Funnel in fuel tank #4  
The pipe nozzle from the fuel hose valve came out once (put in a screw later) and fell into my Yanmar fuel tank. I tried fishing with wire, alligator pincer was to large to go into the fuel tank filler. Finally found some small lengths of cane that were in a flower arrangement and using two of them kinda like chopsticks I managed to get the pipe turned and inserted one cane into the pipe to hold it in place an then wedged the other one in and lifted it out. I had to burn down the fuel till it was nearly empty in order to see what I was doing but it worked.

/ Funnel in fuel tank #5  
Welcome to the funnel in fuel tank club.

/ Funnel in fuel tank #6  
When fueling up my New Holland Boomer tractor, the fuel from the gas can fell into the tank.

I hope you meant diesel can.....

/ Funnel in fuel tank #7  
Wow! I thought I was the only one to have done this. I ended up leaving it in approx. 100 hours ago and have had no problems since. I guess some day I will take the tank out and try to get it out as I had no luck with the "grabbers".

/ Funnel in fuel tank #9  
Count me in too. I ended up pulling the tank and removing it through the sending unit hole. Now I just use a funnel to fuel up with. Just bought a 2+ gallon can (plastic of course). It's even worse. Has some spring loaded butterfly thing in the end. Why can't they leave it with the basics. Reminds me of the scene where Scotty comes off the new Enterprise with a handful of widgets and says something to the effect " The more complicated they make them the easier they are to break"

/ Funnel in fuel tank
Thanks for the info, I'm not sure if the diesel would break down the plastic over time and cause any issues. I don't think that I am prepared to try and remove the fuel tank, so I don't think that is an option.