Backhoe Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ?

/ Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ? #1  

mike done

Tractor
massy harris or Massy Ferguson
I just purchased a backhoe, the seller stated it was a Massey Harris approx. 1930- 1935 model, it has Perkins four cylinder diesel engine, 4 speed transmission. Possible a high/low range, power steering

To start the backhoe, I push on a lever on the left side of dash and push on the push button. ( no key )

The backhoe runs good, having a hard time finding brake shoes or reline kits.

The only info. is a tag which reads Major 50.. Need help

/ Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ? #2  
Last edited:
   / Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ? #3  
It was Massey-Harris, then Ferguson came in and it was Massey-Harris-Ferguson then finally changed when Harris left.So, now we
have Massey Ferguson.

/ Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ? #4  
Do you have any pics? Would help identify what you have.

/ Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ?
I know of the change between the two, I was asking what model I might have. With no ID plates I can not buy parts for I can nor find out the model or year. sorry for such little info. How do I find out what model it is? any other places on the tractor to find numbers?

I will take some after this hard rain to day, storm coming in tonight. I will send ASAP, thanks.

20121031_170200.jpg20121031_170212.jpg20121031_170237.jpg20121031_170258.jpg

/ Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ? #8  
I believe this tractor is a Fordson Major E1ADKN from around 1952. I believe they were only sold new in the U.K.

/ Massey Harris or Massy Ferguson ? #9  
Definately a fordson major/super major/power major if it is one of the first two then it will have drum brakes and if it is the latter it wil have disc brakes, all are just in front of the axle trumpets. If you have a look on the bare co or sparex sites you should find what you are looking for. It is a four cyl fordson engine not a perkins.

Jon

Thanks for the help. I will check for parts under Fordson.