Tractor Acronyms

/ Tractor Acronyms #21  
LED light emitting diode
SCR selective catalast reduction
EGR exhaust gas recirculation
DEF deisel exhaust fluid

/ Tractor Acronyms #22  
HOASS = Home Owners ASSociation.
SNAFU = Situation Normal, All F***ed Up.
FUBAR = F***ed Up Beyond All Repair/Reason
DILLYGAF = Do I Look Like I Give A F***

/ Tractor Acronyms #23  
Much of the shorthand and abbreviations that are in common use today originated with the advent of the telegraph and then not long afterward with transmissions of messages via radio. It was due to the high cost of sending a telegram where you paid by the letter. So if you could get three characters to convey the same message as three words well you just saved a bunch of money. :) The military was/is probably the biggest generator of acronyms.

/ Tractor Acronyms #24  
sparc said:
Much of the shorthand and abbreviations that are in common use today originated with the advent of the telegraph and then not long afterward with transmissions of messages via radio. It was due to the high cost of sending a telegram where you paid by the letter. So if you could get three characters to convey the same message as three words well you just saved a bunch of money. :) The military was/is probably the biggest generator of acronyms.

That is a interesting fact.

/ Tractor Acronyms #25  
Ship High In Transit... S.H.I.T.

Manure used to be shipped on sailing vessels. If it got damp in the hold, it could grow mold and eventually build up enough heat to start a fire. So it was labelled S.H.I.T.

/ Tractor Acronyms #26  
GPintheMitten said:
Ship High In Transit... S.H.I.T.

Manure used to be shipped on sailing vessels. If it got damp in the hold, it could grow mold and eventually build up enough heat to start a fire. So it was labelled S.H.I.T.

This one actually is an urban legend. The word dates back almost 1000 years.

/ Tractor Acronyms #27  
LeadPoison said:
This one actually is an urban legend. The word dates back almost 1000 years.

I was wondering about that, but like most urban legends, you hear it enough, you think it'd be true.

/ Tractor Acronyms #28  
I was gonna say that sounds like a crock of ....