Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #11  
KPark said:
A lot less wear and tear on the tractor when pulling those logs than it would be on the vette;)

Yeah, trust me... The vette would SUCK at pulling logs!

And yes, that is one sweet rig!

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #12  
Nice looking tractor. As I near the midlife crisis I tell my wife I want a tractor with a cab instead of a sports car:)

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #14  
Nice tractor. I need a tractor, but there's no chance I will trade my Vette for one.

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #15  
As they say... there is a lid for every pot. Some pass off a T-top corvette as a convertible. 68-97, yes they have a low resale value and the market is flooded with them. On the other hand I have the 63-67 models including the 425 / 427 ci model. I can guarantee you would have to stack a series of JD 855 tractors to equal their present value. The best solution is to look in my garage... A John Deere a New Holland with a Bradco hoe and a mini selection of four vettes, none with loaders of course !
A trip to the local nite spot just isn't the same on the John Deere !

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #16  
As they say... there is a lid for every pot. Some pass off a T-top corvette as a convertible. 68-97, yes they have a low resale value and the market is flooded with them. On the other hand I have the 63-67 models including the 425 / 427 ci model. I can guarantee you would have to stack a series of JD 855 tractors to equal their present value. The best solution is to look in my garage... A John Deere a New Holland with a Bradco hoe and a mini selection of four vettes, none with loaders of course !
A trip to the local nite spot just isn't the same on the John Deere !

Yeah, but how many of them do you drive 12 months out of the year?? :laughing:

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #18  
Yeah, but how many of them do you drive 12 months out of the year?? :laughing:

I have a 3/4 ton chev truck and a TC 55 New Holland that also rest when the season turns cold / snow. I prepare for the seasons and use appropriate items to get the job done while it is still fun. Isn't this a requirement of retirement ?

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #19  
That is the cleanest used X55 tractor I've seen in YEARS ( maybe ever)! I just traded my wife's Vette ( yes....HER Vette :ashamed:) for a backhoe. Like you, I couldn't be happier with the trade :thumbsup:

Wow!:eek: My wife never had a Vette, and I do have a backhoe. I think I would be in serious trouble If I traded anything of hers for anything tractor-related. I hope you got her something good in return, or are using that hoe wherever and whenever she asks for it!:)

My wife often accuses me of being a Grumpy Old Man! Grumpy - I hope you enjoy your "new" green machine! It certainly looks as good as new!

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #20  
nothing drives like a vette or runs like a deere, so I enjoy my vette and both deeres.