Backhoe Best way to remove subframe backhoe

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #1  

Kioti Lee

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DS 4110
Hi I have a Kioti DS4110 with a Kioti KB2475 backhoe.. I seldom take it off, but when I do I am wondering if there any tips to make it easier to put back on. I am getting better at it but always seem to have trouble getting the hyrodraulic lines reattached. And takes a while to get everything lined up. I know there must be good tips out there. THanks

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #2  
Block up the hoe frame on a flat surface using the downriggers and hoe to distribute the unit evenly. Make sure the mounting points are stress free. I use the hoe to power down the front mounting point so after the hydro lines are disconected the tractor drives away from the hoe.
I don't have an issue with connecting the lines. If you mean they have pressure behind the ball, just wrap the male end in a clean rag and tap with a hammer.

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #3  
Hi I have a Kioti DS4110 with a Kioti KB2475 backhoe.. I seldom take it off, but when I do I am wondering if there any tips to make it easier to put back on. I am getting better at it but always seem to have trouble getting the hyrodraulic lines reattached. And takes a while to get everything lined up. I know there must be good tips out there. THanks

First and foremost....take it off on the most level ground you can....including the ground in front of the tractor. That alone will make putting it back on much easier. Get your hoe in a 3-point stance (do I hear snickering out there??) and as stated above, get the weight off the rear mounting bracket. If you have it right, you'll be able to drive the tractor forward w/o dragging the hoe more than a couple inches. After you have it off the tractor but before you unhook the hydro lines, turn the tractor off and then work the controls of the backhoe until it is resting on the ground and all the pressure is out off all the lines. This will make putting the lines back on the tractor much, much easier.

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #4  
I usually place my backhoe in my pole barn when I take it off and it is placed on a concrete floor. I place the hoe on furniture dollies so when I load it back on the tractor I can actually roll the frame and hoe precisely beneath the tractor in proper alignment. As soon as I back over subframe close enough to hook up hoses for hydraulic I block the outrigger pads and bucket and boom transferring weight to pads on outrigger and bucket. I do this because I want the frame to stay put and not roll dollies because the wheels are very small. Those dollies come from Lowes or Home Depot and cost about $20.00 each. They are rated at 1000 lbs each and I sheet them up on top with a piece of 3/4 plywood or hardwood lumber. It is best to place the dollies beneath outrigger hinge pin next to frame so it does not settle over time. An alternative is to use something like 3/8's plywood as wheel blocks to ****** rolling the hoe away on the dollies from an attachment so unit can be pinned in final position. Works for me but practise makes perfect.

rimshot

Attachments

• backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,520
  • backhoe storage2 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage2 (Medium).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 995
  • backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 780
   / Best way to remove subframe backhoe
Thanks will keep this advice in mind..Rimshot love your setup, would be very handing for rolling out of way. Sadly i do not yet have that nice a building.

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #6  
I also use a dolly for my kubota and have build instructions posted (search for bh65 dolly). I imagine you could do something similar. It makes it MUCH easier to put on and take off since theres no positioning, just roll up, hook hydro lines push it into place and do the rest with the boom.

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #7  
I usually place my backhoe in my pole barn when I take it off and it is placed on a concrete floor. I place the hoe on furniture dollies so when I load it back on the tractor I can actually roll the frame and hoe precisely beneath the tractor in proper alignment. As soon as I back over subframe close enough to hook up hoses for hydraulic I block the outrigger pads and bucket and boom transferring weight to pads on outrigger and bucket. I do this because I want the frame to stay put and not roll dollies because the wheels are very small. Those dollies come from Lowes or Home Depot and cost about $20.00 each. They are rated at 1000 lbs each and I sheet them up on top with a piece of 3/4 plywood or hardwood lumber. It is best to place the dollies beneath outrigger hinge pin next to frame so it does not settle over time. An alternative is to use something like 3/8's plywood as wheel blocks to ****** rolling the hoe away on the dollies from an attachment so unit can be pinned in final position. Works for me but practise makes perfect.

rimshot

can you post that photo again please

/ Best way to remove subframe backhoe #8  
I set mine on a level spot and keep the pressure off of the out riggers by having a chain across the feet to carry the load.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG