3-Point Hitch adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #1  

rkincheloe

Tractor
Kubota SU 3700
What does everyone use to turn the adjustable rod assembly to let one side down lower than the other?
I had been using the hole on the end of a crescent wrench, but I have worn down the points on the assembly so that this no longer works. I was thinking a short, thick-walled, small diameter pipe.
Thanks

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #2  
Grease up the threads and you should be able to turn it by hand.

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota
Will that work even with a box blade attached?

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #4  
Absolutely. But the BB needs to be setting on the ground (no weight on the arms) or maybe setting on a rock (one side) if you want to angle it. I have no problem turning mine. Make sure the threads are good and maybe a little WD-40 would facilitate.

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #5  
You can also take the arm apart and clean the threads on everything, grease well and re-assemble. sometimes there are small pieces of metal from the manufacturing process.

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #6  
If you want it real easy, you could spend a few dollars and install a hydraulic side link. Then you can make all those adjustments without stopping the tractor an getting on & off the tractor so much. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,320
   / adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #7  
I have mine set up so that it can only be turned by hand.

DSCN0323.jpg

/ adjusting 3-point hitch on Kubota #8  
Its not a good idea to turn or try to turn it with a load on it. It will wear out the threads MUCH faster. Lower the BB to the ground to make your adjustments. If you want one side higher than the other, but a block of wood or something under it and set it down and make the adjustment. I have never needed any tools to adjust mine. Always by hand, but sometimes takes playing with the 3PH raising or lowering to take weight off.

Same goes for the TL. MUCH easier to do without a load on it.