kabota bx23

/ kabota bx23 #1  

tjferns

Tractor
kubota bx23
When I loaded the tractor on the trailer I heard a bubbling sound coming from the back of the tractor,what I saw was the breather was spitting out hydraulic oil all over. I stopped by the dealer and asked them about it, they said that it was getting vapor locked and I need to put in another air vent. They can do this for around 85 bucks or is this something I can do myself. Thanks for all advice you can give me

/ kabota bx23 #2  
There is a Kubota specific forum where you might get better response.
I've not heard of vapor lock on the hydraulics. Was it put up HOT after topping off the fluids cold?

/ kabota bx23 #3  
Are you sure it wasn't over full?
It might have been the angle?
Were did the oil come from exactly?
Iv had some come from the dipstick that wasn't seated properly when i was at an odd angle?

tom

/ kabota bx23
I had topped the hydraulics several days befor, I used a 9in auger drilled several holes then put back on the trailer. No I didnt over fill or was on a weird angle. The guy at the dealer said that they had two other tractors that did the same thing and they put in another breather tube and it fixed the problem

/ kabota bx23 #5  
BX23dventfil-page-001.jpg

#210 is the breather I cant see how oil would get that far up.

tom

/ kabota bx23
hey Tom i'm going to take it in tomarrow it will ta'ke about an hour then its done also i am going to get a manuel for my tractor, if you know I can pick one cheap let me know and again thanks for all your help.............Tim