Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520

Default Re: Box Blade 8 Acres??

Quote Originally Posted by gwdixon View Post
    Can you provide an Internet link. Can't seem to find them in the usual online stores using Google search.

Maybe they have a special name.
    Okay, that didn't take long, here is the link: https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/d...nkageGuide.pdf

Let me know if that is what you were looking for.
    Gary

JD 4520, 400X FEL, Frontier Front Blade, Box Blade, Rotary Cutter, Landscape Rake, 48" Wildkat Grapple and PHD

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Here's a link to the bushings from Tractor Supply Co. There are other places that are cheaper but that is what is in the picture on the IMatch compatible harrow. Price is for a pair with split pins.

CountyLineď˝® quick hitch Bushing Kit, Cat 1 - 0265325 | Tractor Supply Company

JD 4520 & jenkinsph:

Thank you both for the quick reply. The bushings mounted in the photo looked like lift pins of a different design - in other words - one piece that could just be bolted on.

I would have considered them if there was an application to slide over CAT 1 pins to make CAT 2 pins.

The one in the Deere .pdf file convert CAT 2 pins to CAT 3. The kit from Tractor Supply appear to convert CAT 0 pins to CAT 1. I guess my needs are somewhere in the middle.

Once again, I appreciate the extra effort that both of you made to follow up on my question. TBN and the membership are a great resource of knowledge.

Edit: Now that I know what to look for...maybe this will work. I'll have to check the measurements.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...9426_200479426

Edit 2: OOPS...maybe not. The bushings will slide over CAT 1 pins but boosts the size to 1 7/16" rather than the CAT 2 standard of 1 1/8". Oh, well.

Edit 3: OK, this is getting silly. Now these WILL work

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Qui...t_p/110115.htm

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.
    Last edited by gwdixon; 11-23-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

gwdixon,

The bushings I used and linked to are quick hitch pins which adapt a cat 1 pin to cat 3. IMatch uses a cat 3 implement pin size for both the lower and upper links. Looks kind of silly to see cat 3 pins for implements used on my l&g tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    gwdixon,

The bushings I used and linked to are quick hitch pins which adapt a cat 1 pin to cat 3. IMatch uses a cat 3 implement pin size for both the lower and upper links. Looks kind of silly to see cat 3 pins for implements used on my l&g tractor.
    Thanks. I noticed that when the measurements were researched. Many of the other QH manufacturers also use CAT 3 measurements on their QH frame - maybe a tribute to (or copy of) the IMatch format.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Tractor
    kubota L3010

john_bud,
    Did you show a photo of your hand made drag? I'd like to build one. Currently using a disk and/or box scraper.
    I have 2 acres of semi level, planted field and want to cut about 60' of pine trees away on three sides to expand my mountain view. IF....IF....I can cut those trees to ground level I plan on bush hogging and disking then plant "deer food"
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    john_bud,
    Did you show a photo of your hand made drag? I'd like to build one. Currently using a disk and/or box scraper.
    I have 2 acres of semi level, planted field and want to cut about 60' of pine trees away on three sides to expand my mountain view. IF....IF....I can cut those trees to ground level I plan on bush hogging and disking then plant "deer food"
    Thanks
    Actually I don't. That "design" does work well, but the parts are too easy to scavenge when the task at hand is done! My later, more permanent, design is to use I-beams. Two beams each 12ft long. Welded loops on one edge of one and front& back edge of the other. Run 4' of chain between them and then run a chain to the tractor. The I-beams are flat edge to the tractor.

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

You are putting the the cart before the horse. I wouldn't do any thing before the house is completed. You are going to have fill left over from the footing and foundation and from a septic field. You will probably put this around the foundation so the water runs away from the house. You are going to have trucks and equiptment coming in to dig the foundation and pour the concrete.The softer the ground the worse they will rut it up.
    Bill

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked_on_HP View Post
    You are putting the the cart before the horse. I wouldn't do any thing before the house is completed. You are going to have fill left over from the footing and foundation and from a septic field. You will probably put this around the foundation so the water runs away from the house. You are going to have trucks and equiptment coming in to dig the foundation and pour the concrete.The softer the ground the worse they will rut it up.
    Bill
    very true!!!

Tractor
    JD 3320

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked_on_HP View Post
    Bill
    That is true. Can you tell I'm anxious to get out there!! With the cold weather coming in, I'll probably have to put this project off till the spring anyway...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast