Who else on here has a Skid Steer?

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #11  
I wonder if the moderators would be willing to add a skid steer forum to the general forums area? I realize that the Bobcat area has it's own skid steer forum but there are a lot of other brands out there.

Tim

There is a construction equipment forum.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #12  
Case 1816, which I thought was "big iron." A 30" diameter 80' oak landed on top of it, and squashed it like a bug. The rods were bent about 30 degrees. The ROP was flattened. The wheels were pressed into the asphalt and the rims were flattened. My son and I started it up. I found a new cage and new cylinders on an auction site, and in a month or two it was back in service. I have chains, a manure fork and a snow plow for that machine.

It wasn't quite enough for the landscaping I was doing, so I bought a T-200. I knew nothing about skidsteers, but I lucked into two fine machines. The T-200 is perfect for what I need. I was working in a lot of mud, and severe angles. I have a stump grapple, rockhound, backhoe, snowbox and landplane for it. Bobcats are Barbis for men.

I'm doing some pavers now, and we use the T-200 every day. Moving 10 tons of crusher run is a few minutes of easy work. There was a time when I would have done that with a shovel and wheelbarrow. Thank goodness for diesel.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #13  
I have a Bobcat 743. My daughter and father run a horse boarding business together, and we use the skidsteer to manage the manure piles, move shavings, distribute round bales, and anything else that is more condusive than the farm tractor. Both machines serve their purposes well on the farm, but neither one can fully replace the other.
Dad likes to take the loader off the tractor in the summer, so he can bushhog easier. It is nice now to have a loader year round.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #14  
A friend and I just bought 2011 Bobcat S650's with 2 speed, high flow, power bob, heat, AC, and full instrumentation. We got them out of a municipal trade in deal. Mine had 300 hours, and the other one has 125 hours on it. I have put about 60 hours on mine in the last 3 weeks cutting brush that a tractor cant get to, and improving roads. I have a 78 inch tooth bucket and its great for moving the mass quantities of dirt and gravel I need to move. My friend bought a ambusher DL-66, tooth bucket and a grapple bucket. I decided to rent a DL-66 to clear my place.

For my needs, the bobcat does everything a tractor can do, plus a ton more.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #15  
I have a T190, 2200 hrs, smooth but, grapple bucket, forks and Beltec auger. The rubber tracks are great and I like the Bobcat quality. It is used a lot to move fallen trees.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #16  
Well, not a smooth but, a smooth bucket.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #17  
I've had a Bobcat 825 since 1986 which I originally used to dig trees with when we operated our tree farm. Now I just use it for projects around the homestead. Have a couple of friends and we share our attachments with each other. My attachments include a Caretree 32" tree spade, pallet forks (use all the time) and a tooth bucket (my wheelbarrow). My friends have augers, back hoe, and concrete mixer.

As several posters have commented on, tractors and Bobcats are used for such different tasks I personally could not get by without either one.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #18  
There is a construction equipment forum.

I would dare to say there is a lot more skidsteer loaders on farms,ranches,landscape companys, rightaway contractors, and people who own acerage than in the construction industry. LUTT

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #20  
I have a Case 1845C HiFlo with a lot of hrs. Can't afford/justify a tractor too, so I purchased a 3 point adapter for some light tillage implements. Disk; for food plots. I have to go in reverse with the disk which is a bit inconvienent, but have no problem with down pressure. Can run the disk with the front wheels of the ground. 3 point 8 ft field cultivator and a 3 point landscape rake. In addition to the 3 point implements I have a 72 in tooth bucket, 72 in rock bucket, a tree saw which will take down a 30"or larger tree, A limbhog boomed chansaw for side trimming tree rows. The limbhog will reach about 16' above the ground. Also have a upside down log splitter. A heavy rotary mower for brush and small trees. I use a one row JD 71 planter for my corn and bean food plots. Pull the planter with a 4 wheeler. I have been retired since 99 and have a lot of fun playing with my "toys".