Who else on here has a Skid Steer?

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #41  
Picture

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130428_094305.png
    ForumRunner_20130428_094305.png
    868 KB · Views: 111
   / Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #42  
I have a John Deere 2003 Series II skid steer and don't know how I got along without it. It has around 2,200 hrs on it. I have put in several barn pads,several waterways, dug out small trees, cut out new driveways, burried a dead dog, plow lots of snow,used it as a ladder many times to work on barn roof and other barn repairs. Spread and graded lots of gravel, and unloaded equipment on trailers with it. It is like the swiss army knife in the excavating world. In the one picture below I put in a barn pad. I built up one end of the pad 8" and grade it out. This was before I had a laser system and was my first barn pad. I did it the old fasion way with grade stakes,string, and level. I learned allot doing it the old fashioned way and got to where I could do allot of things by eye and have it right on. I have a tripod laser system now and that is really handy when I need it.

Attachments

• Picture%20003.jpg
    Picture%20003.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Picture%20041.jpg
    Picture%20041.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 128
   / Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #43  
What would be a good, solid, serviceable used skidsteer without breaking the bank? I have been thinking about getting one. I've rented them before and I can do TWICE as much bucket work with one compared to my tractor in the same if not less time. I would do primarily bucket work 50%, 25% rock picking with a rock bucket and 25% "other chores" with rented implements. I can't imagine more than 35-50 hours a year maximum. I only put 75 to 100 a year on my tractor, and average about 85.

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer? #44  
I have a 2005 ASV RCA 100. I love the machine. I have a 72 inch smooth front bucket, a hyd log splitter,a thus hog that I use to clear brush and till soil, forks and a flat platform that I built to use with the forks. Also almost forgot my root grapple. I also have a JD450 dozer and a Bobcat 341 mini excavator with a thumb. I used to like the skid steer best but now I find the excavator my favorite machine to operate. These are all for personal use and I try to run them easy because I like to drive proem more than work on them!

Ultraglide62

/ Who else on here has a Skid Steer?
What would be a good, solid, serviceable used skidsteer without breaking the bank? I have been thinking about getting one. I've rented them before and I can do TWICE as much bucket work with one compared to my tractor in the same if not less time. I would do primarily bucket work 50%, 25% rock picking with a rock bucket and 25% "other chores" with rented implements. I can't imagine more than 35-50 hours a year maximum. I only put 75 to 100 a year on my tractor, and average about 85.

Anything that is name brand should be good. In your range I would look at a 90's Bobcat or a Case 1840. I found the John Deere xx55 series to be pretty gutless however their serviceability (Deere and New Holland) is some of the best IMO.