ROPS question...

/ ROPS question... #1  

Typhoon

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT357HC
I have spent the last 2 days brush-hogging on my new TC29 (New Holland) and has anyone else noticed how EXTREMELY LOUD the ROPS chatters at the hinge points?? Has anyone had any good ideas to quiet it down? Thanks!
-Brad

/ ROPS question... #2  
Mine rattles once in a while and I just give it a good push or pull to 'seat' it and it quiets right down. If that doesn't work for you then you might try wedging something like a wood shim in to quiet it.

Good luck. I hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ROPS question... #3  
don't know about that particular rops, but for a lot of things i use self sticking weather stripping. it gives enough to let thing go into place but is thick enough to stop most rattles. just a thought.

/ ROPS question... #4  
I use hearing protection when I mow - ear muff type headset that covers the whole ear as opposed to ear plugs. They work great; really cuts out the headache factor.

/ ROPS question... #5  
I know what you mean. When I was testing tractors, 90% of the ones with the folding ROPS rattled. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Do you fold it down? If not, replace the pins with the same grade (as the pins) nuts and bolts. Also, tighten down the nuts at the hinge points.

I don't fold mine, but the nuts are tight enough that it doesn't rattle even with the pins.

Mark

/ ROPS question... #6  
My rops does not rattle.

Then again, my rops does not fold. Not sure I would have one that did.