Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #1  

Doom

Tractor
MF 150
I'm installing a new oil pressure gauge in my tractor and cannot find where the line hooks up.
For some reason, the line was cut off at the old gauge, so I cannot follow where it went, and it's no where to be found.
The only thing that I can see that may possibly be it, is on the drivers side just below the block drain plug, is a cap/plug.
Could that be where it goes?
Also, the hydraulic fluid has water in it and I need to drain and refill. I bought a book for the tractor, but apparently it's a bare bones book and does not show me where the drain and fill plugs are.
I presume it has a filter screen too, somewhere.
Does it use straight hydraulic fluid? Or trans/hydraulic fluid?
Any help is appreciated.

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #2  
can't help you with the drains.. but if you have a shop manual.. it likely shows the oil pickup port..

on the oil.. i never use straight hyd oil in a tractor. utf... even if it is a hyds only sump.. i still use utf.

better oil...

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine
The manual I bought doesn't show it. Only the bare basics. Figures.
Thanks for the utf advice. I'll use it. :)

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #4  
hard to go wrong on a utf.

it's SAFE in hyds and gear sumps.. as well as hyds, power steering, lift and laoders.. trannies, hydrostats.. etc. trul a multi purpose fluid.

many oem's are repalcing older gear oil specs with utf even in machines designed with the gear oil spec in the manual... etc

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #5  
I'm installing a new oil pressure gauge in my tractor and cannot find where the line hooks up.
For some reason, the line was cut off at the old gauge, so I cannot follow where it went, and it's no where to be found.
The only thing that I can see that may possibly be it, is on the drivers side just below the block drain plug, is a cap/plug.
Could that be where it goes?

Here is a picture of my Massey Ferguson 135 at night. The oil line has a ninety degree fitting on it. I can only assume that your 150 is similar. Hope this helps. jc
Looks like the computer rotated it. I hope my fluids don't drain out! My exhaust is downward pointing.

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #6  
hard to go wrong on a utf.

it's SAFE in hyds and gear sumps.. as well as hyds, power steering, lift and laoders.. trannies, hydrostats.. etc. trul a multi purpose fluid.

many oem's are repalcing older gear oil specs with utf even in machines designed with the gear oil spec in the manual... etc

What is utf ?

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #7  
Universal Tractor fluid. My 74 135 calls for MF-1110 in my power steering and a MF-13XX something for the transmission. I go to tractor supply and get their Premium Universal Tractor Fluid because it says it will supercede both numbers from Massey. One bucket, less problems for me.
Napa has a Universal Tractor Fluid also.
Who you buy from just depends on who is most convenient to your location and what brand you are loyal to.
jc

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #8  
For the MF135 it calls for 1129 the travelers fluid from TSC meets spec. How did you notice the water in the teens fluid?

The 135 has two drain plugs, very bottom of tractor 15/16" I believe. One approximated under the gear shifter and one under the seat. Should be similar. The fill plug is on the right side of the pump housing, main err rectangular section towards the top. The hole is rather small and very awkward angle. I bought a long narrower funnel and bent it to fill.

The fluid filter is attached to the hydraulic pump. You can access it by taking the lift cover off a huge pain or taking the pto shift lever off and working from that access hole. Either way isn't pleasant.

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine #9  
For the MF135 it calls for 1129 the travelers fluid from TSC meets spec. How did you notice the water in the teens fluid?

The 135 has two drain plugs, very bottom of tractor 15/16" I believe. One approximated under the gear shifter and one under the seat. Should be similar. The fill plug is on the right side of the pump housing, main err rectangular section towards the top. The hole is rather small and very awkward angle. I bought a long narrower funnel and bent it to fill.

The fluid filter is attached to the hydraulic pump. You can access it by taking the lift cover off a huge pain or taking the pto shift lever off and working from that access hole. Either way isn't pleasant.

Thanks much!!!

/ Question on 1966 MF 150 w/Perkins diesel engine
Thanks guys for all the help.
That looks like where the previous owner has the plug in the side of the block.
I reckon, if I remove it and oil comes out, i'm in the right place. lol
I'll look for the transmission plug and filter Friday. I doubt I'll have the energy after dinner tomorrow.