DavidBrown Waterpump

/ DavidBrown Waterpump #1  

dennisk

Tractor
David Brown 990 selectamatic
I am wanting to repair the waterpump on my DavidBrown 990 selectamatic--tractor serial number is 990A812053S. I think it is a 1969 tractor from the serial number. Is this a simple procedure. Do I have to remove the radiator to get at the waterpump? Any help or adivice, or picture or reference area would be appreciated. Thanks Dennis

/ DavidBrown Waterpump #3  
G'day and welcome you will need to find the serial number on the engine as there is a change and it is listed by engine not machine number. It can be done with the rad in but it is alot easier with it out. When you do it be sure to replace the rubber seal between the pump and the head, it is not the easiest to do by yourself as you have to push the pump up to the head to start the bolts much easier if you have a second pair of hands there. If you check out the bare co site they give you a good pic of what the pump looks like.

Jon

/ DavidBrown Waterpump
Thankyou for describing some of the issues that I might run into changing the water pump. I was wondering if there would be some sort of rubber on the top insert and you have verified that. Dennis

/ DavidBrown Waterpump
Thankyou for sending me the web site to order/compare water pumps for the 990 DavidBrown. Denis