Purchasing Digital Copies of owner's manuals

/ Purchasing Digital Copies of owner's manuals #1  

super55

Platinum Member
Tractor
Oliver Super55, John Deere 4310, John Deere 4400, Kubota L2500 (had),
Anybody here ever purchase digital copies of there owners/service/parts manuals for there tractors from a 3rd party website (not the original manufacturer of the piece of equipment)?

I been looking for some pretty specific manuals and the one place that seems to have them is a website called Tradebit.com but they are all digital copies. Prices are reasonable enough so thats not an issue but all the manuals I am interested in you can't preview the content which has me a little concerned.

If there is any other sites where you can receive manuals legally please by all means send in a reply.

/ Purchasing Digital Copies of owner's manuals #2  
Most copies are illegal. Most manuals are copyrighted. I buy origional manuals or cd's when possible. I have never heard of any one getting in trouble for buying the copies. It is possible that the copy right expired on some of the older tractor manuals. If the tractor company has gone out of buisness then buy what you can find.
Bill

/ Purchasing Digital Copies of owner's manuals #3  
That Tradebit.com web site seems to be a place for individuals to sell copies of their manuals. Doesn't seem legal to me since those digital copies are either copyrighted or boot-leg.

/ Purchasing Digital Copies of owner's manuals
Thats what I was kind of wondering on was the legality of the issue. I been digging around for a shop manual for my oliver super 55 and oliver has been out business for decades now. I see people selling reproduction manuals here and there but I am assuming that they are just most likely taking content from one of these files, printing and then marketing them.

The other thing is an owners manual and possible shop manual for my L2500 but I will probably end up buying that one from Messick's tractor parts. The price is comparable and it is already in print. Haven't found any site that sells digital manuals for kubota except tradebit and since kubota is still in business I could see how this could be copyright infringement so paper may be the only way to go.